Thread: Reputable Alaska Tanneries

Default Reputable Alaska Tanneries

Anyone have any suggestions? Looking for a reputable outfit with a reasonable turn-around time (aren't we all?). And don't mention **pha Tannery in Anchorage, because I know from experience they are somewhere I would never take my fur again. Same with Sitka T***al Tannery. There's got to be a good outfit in the state!

Quote Originally Posted by Anythingalaska View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions? Looking for a reputable outfit with a reasonable turn-around time (aren't we all?). And don't mention **pha Tannery in Anchorage, because I know from experience they are somewhere I would never take my fur again. Same with Sitka T***al Tannery. There's got to be a good outfit in the state!
    There's a fella in the valley that is suppose to be good, I've never used him but he seems to get good reports on here. I dot recall the name of the business but I'm sure someone will follow up with it.

I couldn't even get Alpha to take any of my fur the two times I tried. I won't try again.

I sent a coyote to Moyles a few years ago and they did great, most of the trappers I know also use them. A few guys on here have had trouble with them putting holes in hides or tearing them. Search around the trapping forum and you'll find some reviews. I've never heard of them losing something but it's always possible.

Furs for Fun did a moose for messy recently and they did fantastic. Having said that he took about twice as long as he quoted and is really hard to reach by phone. Having said that he will be getting my future furs, you just have to know what to expect with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trophy Tanning and Taxidermy in Palmer. Tim does a nice job for folks. Wish he still took on commercial work, but he is retail only.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Tim at Trophy Taxi in Palmer does great work. I have used him plenty of times in the past.
    Also look into Tundra Taxi, I currently have a bear with him as he came highly recommended so I thought I would give him a try.
    BK