Thread: Looking for more of these

Default Looking for more of these

I am currently looking for either the name or a location to purchase more of these rubber /plastic pink mouses. I would love it if anyone had any information they would be willing to share, and while I've checked all of the fishing stores in town and online I hope to hear some good news finally.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Also this here's another picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Amazon has something similar Hisea Plastic Soft Topwater Mouse Fishing Lures Baits Crankbaits Hooks, 45mm 9.5g. But I did a quick image scan and couldn't find anything exactly the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mann...item2340b86ced

Only one of these..no match, but similar...

Thank you guys I'm thinking maybe someone on the forums knows how to make these pike slayers?

Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    Thank you guys I'm thinking maybe someone on the forums knows how to make these pike slayers?
    I know how to make them as I have read quite a bit on how its done and watched several videos.
    I have watched quite a few detailed tutorials.
    I just don't own any of the gear like soft plastic molds plastisol and colorants.
    On some of the tackle forums I'm on lots of guys make soft plastic baits. Especially the bass fishing crowd.
    I could ask around to find you some baits like you have pictured?
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    Figured they were for pike....wonder if they might entice a big rainbow, too. Hope you can find a source.

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I know how to make them as I have read quite a bit on how its done and watched several videos.
    I have watched quite a few detailed tutorials.
    I just don't own any of the gear like soft plastic molds plastisol and colorants.
    On some of the tackle forums I'm on lots of guys make soft plastic baits. Especially the bass fishing crowd.
    I could ask around to find you some baits like you have pictured?
    That would be Amazing man! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    Figured they were for pike....wonder if they might entice a big rainbow, too. Hope you can find a source.
    They used to be sold in fairbanks in a small tackle shop before the big box sporting goods store opened and shut them down. Nothing can out fish it for pike on the Yukon or nenana rivers! Been looking for more for about three years now.

It's called a mister twister jerk rat. They seem to have them at tackle warehouse but not in the Pink color.
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Miste...page-MTJR.html

Gambler cane toads and Zoom horny toads also work really well for pike. Best Hook I've found for a "toad' style bait are these here:
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Gambl...age-GDTTH.html

Quote Originally Posted by LGraham View Post
    It's called a mister twister jerk rat. They seem to have them at tackle warehouse but not in the Pink color.
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Miste...page-MTJR.html

Gambler cane toads and Zoom horny toads also work really well for pike. Best Hook I've found for a "toad' style bait are these here:
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Gambl...age-GDTTH.html
    Thank you so much!!! I've been waiting for good news like this forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    Read a cool article that documented both Rainbows and large Grayling actually targeting small rodents. They even showed the contents of their stomachs, some had as many as 12 in them.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Very true Steve. We would occasionally find mice in the stomachs of the bows we had in our farm lake growing up. I never have seen a mouse swimming though so it makes you wonder how they get in a pickle like that.....