Thread: "ASSAULT WEAPON MYTH" interesting read........

Default "ASSAULT WEAPON MYTH" interesting read........

Seems to be an honest article there . . . surprising from New York Times.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Seems to be an honest article there . . . surprising from New York Times.
    I thought same thing. Lots of truth in the article.

Yeah, only one major lie. Semiauto rifles are not assault rifles.
    It is rather surprising to see a leftist outfit get to the truth of the matter rather than going for their gun ban agenda. Maybe to many folks are seeing the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    It is rather surprising to see a leftist outfit get to the truth of the matter rather than going for their gun ban agenda. Maybe to many folks are seeing the truth.
    The author did say the gun control advocates themselves defined assault rifles on a political front. I already sent it off to friends that need to read truths like this.

I have never understood calling a semiauto only rifle an assault rifle. Yet it is an acceptable term to those that don't really know.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I think I understand why.

It's just a term that sounds BAD, so that the anti-gun crowd can create fear of guns and gun owners.

They could do the same thing with lots of other terms. It's not the incorrectness of the term itself, but what they use if for, that is of concern to me.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I've never understood calling ANY rifle or weapon an "ASSAULT" rifle, as that term did not exist before about 1990, and was invented by the mainstream media. Even our Armed Forces don't issue "Assault rifles". They are called "Service Rifles". And don't try the made up stuff of the Germans or the Russians in WW2 issuing "Assault Rifles". They never used the term themselves. What they did call them was "Sturmgewehr", which translated is "Storm Rifle". Not "Assault Rifle". If you want to call them "Paramilitary", that would be accurate.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Let's call'em "parafreedom" rifles.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    I think I understand why.

It's just a term that sounds BAD, so that the anti-gun crowd can create fear of guns and gun owners.

They could do the same thing with lots of other terms. It's not the incorrectness of the term itself, but what they use if for, that is of concern to me.

Smitty of the North
    Bingo.

The media controls the narrative: They frame the issue, the players and they pick the terms by which everything is presented for the public to consume. News is a profit driven business and they push what sells. We can get mad but the fact is We the People have been proven time and time again to respond to dumbed-down sensationalism. So, that's the common form of our spoon fed, mass-consumption media.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Techniqualy an assault rifle is one with which you "assaulted someone or something" regardless of the action style. Basically an assault with a "deadly weapon", and perhaps no more dangerous than riding the subway in New York or Chicago. ALL armed assaults don't lead to shootings some are just in deffense of life and property and the show of potential force is enough to defuse a situation, BECAUSE few people actually want to catch a few rounds out of the muzzle end of ANY firearm.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !