Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will the next UCI Board Of Fish meeting be?

Default Where will the next UCI Board Of Fish meeting be?

So last night the KRSMA board, like the KP Borough Assembly, nearly all of the Peninsula municipalities, and various other organizations, despite two members abstaining due to petty concerns over process (pretty much just to make it not a unanimous vote without having to vote "no"), passed a resolution to request that the next (2017) UCI BOF meeting be held on the Kenai for the first time in nearly 20 years. I guess we'll see about that - I heard the valley is campaigning pretty hard for it too, although it's no secret that the "in" crowd would rather meet in Anchorage. What a great time to party, schmooze, and write it off or let someone else pay for it. I mean, last meeting we had to adjourn early so some could make it to the syndicated super bowl party high above Anchorage. Plus, I don't think our bars are dark, ritzy, or numerous enough for all the dealings that take place. Speaking of that - notably absent from the KRSMA meeting were most (not all) of the advocacy seats for this group. Perhaps they had bigger fish to fry... Probably busy telling someone (like last time) that the Peninsula isn't safe enough for a meeting. The old "inbred hick" argument. Nice.

Kind of makes me wonder... Many people have noticed how this group has taken over the KRSMA board over the last years . Now that it is public knowledge, will this syndicate's anchors who control appointment to the board be allowed to continue to cherry pick applicants sympathetic to their cause? Are they planning to turn cold shoulder and cry foul and or that the board is ineffective or stacked and should be revamped the minute they lose control of it? Basically what I and others have been saying for years? It would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous...

It will be interesting to see what decisions the BOF makes at their upcoming worksession. No doubt gears are already moving and plans have been made...

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    So last night the KRSMA board, like the KP Borough Assembly, nearly all of the Peninsula municipalities, and various other organizations, despite two members abstaining due to petty concerns over process (pretty much just to make it not a unanimous vote without having to vote "no"), passed a resolution to request that the next (2017) UCI BOF meeting be held on the Kenai for the first time in nearly 20 years. I guess we'll see about that - I heard the valley is campaigning pretty hard for it too, although it's no secret that the "in" crowd would rather meet in Anchorage. What a great time to party, schmooze, and write it off or let someone else pay for it. I mean, last meeting we had to adjourn early so some could make it to the syndicated super bowl party high above Anchorage. Plus, I don't think our bars are dark, ritzy, or numerous enough for all the dealings that take place. Speaking of that - notably absent from the KRSMA meeting were most (not all) of the advocacy seats for this group. Perhaps they had bigger fish to fry... Probably busy telling someone (like last time) that the Peninsula isn't safe enough for a meeting. The old "inbred hick" argument. Nice.

Kind of makes me wonder... Many people have noticed how this group has taken over the KRSMA board over the last years . Now that it is public knowledge, will this syndicate's anchors who control appointment to the board be allowed to continue to cherry pick applicants sympathetic to their cause? Are they planning to turn cold shoulder and cry foul and or that the board is ineffective or stacked and should be revamped the minute they lose control of it? Basically what I and others have been saying for years? It would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous...

It will be interesting to see what decisions the BOF makes at their upcoming worksession. No doubt gears are already moving and plans have been made...
    I see Ricky Gease, Andy S, and Monty R. were not at the meeting. Rumor has it they were dining with the Board of Fish chairman rather than attending the 1st meeting of the KRSMA Board. My bet is they also did not want to engage in the debate on the meeting location since in the past KRSA has lobbied against having the meeting down here. However, not attending the first meeting means they put their political agenda ahead of their public responsibility.

Wonder what deals were cut at the dinner?

Unbelievable....Why should I be surprised? This group of individuals, that represent the guide lobby, really aren't interested in the KRSMA board as a meaningful vehicle to improve the Kenai River they just want to make sure they control the process. Pretty much parallel to how they manipulate the BOF process for their own commercial interests. I would assume that the first KRSMA meeting of the year would be an important one to set the stage for the upcoming winter meeting priorities and activities. Through this snub of KRSMA these individuals have shown where their priorities lie and their lack of dedication to the KRSMA process. They all need to be 86'd off of the KRSMA board but will the State Parks leadership have the balls to take on these high mucky-mucks? Or will it be more of the same doo-da doo-da political crap we have to live with in fishery management politics?

Way to spread rumors Nerka, i used to think you were above that, but it keeps happening.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    Way to spread rumors Nerka, i used to think you were above that, but it keeps happening.
    Not a rumor Yukon. People talked with them at the Flats and they were not at the meeting. You owe me an apology on this one. If you want to PM I will tell you who saw them and if you want to call them a liar so be it. But be careful they are well respected members of the community.

Also Yukon you still are not answering the question of whether you support the set net ban. Why not. As a guide you should at least let people know where you are coming from. Your silence on this speaks volumes.

Your funny nerka, rumor, that is what it is, might be true, but it is all a rumor. Rumor, just like last spring when you posted some "rumors" from your crap source from f&g.

Your funny nerka, rumor, that is what it is, might be true, but it is all a rumor. Rumor, just like last spring when you posted some "rumors" from your crap source from f&g.
    Yukon, you still are not answering the question and trying to divert the discussion. First, I used the word rumor because I was not there. But in point of fact people saw this and talked with the individuals. Johnstone was down saying he was fishing with friends so he was in town. They were eating at the Flats with Ricky, Andy, and Monty R. What data do you have to say otherwise other than a personal attack. Show me where they say no.

Yukon, stop being insulting and if you have information otherwise let us know. I told you I would PM you the people who saw them but you would rather try and discredit me - pretty sad and low on your part.

Also the sources at ADF&G are fellow biologists and calling them names does nothing for your image. They may have been wrong or right - that is not the point.

I believe you support the set net ban and would like to see families in our community suffer. Being a guide who lives in Anchorage I fully see the greed in your refusal to answer a simple question or to defend your position. Upriver guides are a major part of the problem for the early run demise but have you ever taken any responsibility for your part in it? No you would rather defend the three individuals above who worked hard to stop any actions that would have helped early run Chinook. Who serve on the KRSA Board to stop habitat related actions for the river that impact guides.

The good news is that the KRSMA Board has been so discredited by the present representation and leadership in DNR no one really takes them seriously. That is why the leadership of Joe Connors needs to change, the Parnell Administration needs to go and along with it Ben Ellis, and new people put on the KRSMA Board who really care about the river and not their pocket books.

Ahhh, yes. My point. This is still a relatively small town. Yes, they were there. Yes people saw them. Multiple people.

Yukon, proving it really is a non-issue. Of course it happened and it will continue to. It happened all summer. This is how it goes. If you don't commit the time, money, and effort, your ideas are going nowhere in Alaska's world of fish politics. Why would you doubt this? How many meetings took place during the classic? The tactical moves that this syndicate plots take time to set up. You can fire back with "black helicopter" crap and I'll say, yeah, there were plenty of learjets, float planes, remote lodges and the like used, why not a black helecopter? I'm sure the seat-backs and pillow-tops had logos on them so the favors were "devalued" Millions are spent to win friends and influence people. It doesn't just help these guys in the fish politics world - It helps grease the skids for deals in real estate, legal, finance, mining and resource development, environmental issues, and many other areas in which this syndicate of elites work and profit. Just look at their board structures, APOC and lobbyist reports, and where in government they have past board members located and comes together quickly.

No doubt someone representing my interest group will suck up their pride and lurk in a dark corner, waiting to talk to one BOF member or another, or meet over dinner or a beer. That's what you have to do. But these guys are pros. Literally, last winter I watched them post scouts at the exits to the Egan center. When they saw me happen across a BOF member on the sidewalk, they actually walked up to interrupt the conversation - "hey guys, whatcha talking about?". Even the BOF chairman would do that to intimidate other boards members when he saw them talking to me or someone he didn't approve of. Seriously - shameless used car salesman stuff.

Dinner is not really a big deal. Now, the chairman of the BOF scurrying to the syndicated "war room" on strategically planned breaks during BOF proceedings in order to plan their next move? That, which I witnessed, should be exposed and illegal. So shameless and arrogant they didn't care who saw.

The whole thing just makes me feel like I need a shower.

So today is the last day for applications to the KRSMA board - funny thing - I believe the 3 seats discussed previously will be open, along with another one recently vacated by an anti-setnet sponsor and spouse of a current KRSA board member. I wonder - will this year's applicants be reviewed by the entire KRSMA board consistent with their bylaws, or will the board chairman (anti-setnet AFCA president and ground-level KRSA board member) and the DNR Director of Parks (original KRSA Executive Director) screen the selections and cherry pick whomever they see fit, as they did last time I was involved... Remember, 5 of the 9 "public" members of this board are either sympathetic guides, or people who are directly associated with KRSA/AFCA. That does not happen by accident on a board with bylaws that state "Public members shall be selected to ensure representation of the broad spectrum of public interests involved with or affected by the Kenai River and to prevent domination of the Board by a single viewpoint unrepresentative of the river's broad constituency."

....Ha! Dirty dogs indeed...... But, just as with my four legged best friend, I have to respect the lack of shame...

Yukon, if I find something out that is not correct I will correct it. I heard today that another person who saw Johnstone at dinner said they only saw Monty R with him, not Ricky or Andy. So if I find stuff out I will let everyone know and not leave the rumor out there. I think the point is that Johnstone as a Board member has a very close relationship with these user groups and that is what is at issue.

Looks like the peninsula area legislative reps feel - like the rest of us residents - that the BOF should spend a little more energy listening to the concerns of and considering the best interests of the communities that most depend on these resources. Good for them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1411704294.927669.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1411704277.063304.jpg  

BOF is meeting today and should decide next UCI meeting location soon...

They're debating it right now. Ridiculous maneuvering, it seems, to avoid the UCI meeting on the Peninsula (so far). Live audio here:
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...riesboard.main
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Yeah, from what I caught, Morisky is suddenly concerned about people on the Kenai having input, so he proposed that the next worksession be held on the Kenai (where no public comment is normally allowed). Jensen seconded.

Fritz Johnson quickly saw where this was going - trying to preclude a full meeting in Kenai. Johnstone quickly shut him up. So now we get a worksession with an "unprecedented change", allowing a full day for public comment. Nice, that keeps them from having to hold a full meeting in Kenai.

Dirty, dirty dirty.

Kluberton proposing UCI meeting be held in Anchorage. Quickly seconded.

Jefferies thinks meeting should be held in a "neutral place". Is confident that people who's livelihood is dependant on it will find a way to get to Anchorage. Sorry everyone else, I guess this meeting is only for those with commercial interests.

Jensen also feels that Anchorage is "neutral territory". Thinks Anchorage is the "wise choice".

Fritz Johnson standing up to the B.S. Thinks that due to so much involvement from people on the peninsula, we are overdue for a meeting on the Kenai.

Everyone but him voted to have meeting in Anchorage. What a corrupt process. This system is broken. Citizens of the Kenai should be livid right now. All of us.

Interesting that even the "commercial" seats on the board voted to have the meeting in Anchorage.

Pretty clear that blackmailing and vote trading is taking place, and that Karl Johnstone and the Syndicate were willing to expend a lot of political capital to get this meeting in Anchorage. I would say Morisky too but I don't think he orchestrates anything - just does what he's told. I'm sure the Syndicate has something on Jefferies and Jensen (probably controlling votes on issues close to home for Jefferies and the same for Jensen - or perhaps some other dirt since he has been involved much longer) that caused them to line up with the Syndicate. Don't know about Huntington - he keeps pretty quiet but doesn't seem like the kind of person who is easily blackmailed.

Another thing - I caught the last part of discussion regarding the last ACR considered. I don't even know what the ACR was about, but I heard Kluberton's reasoning for denying it and just shook my head - he felt that the board had enough information on the issue to introduce a Board Generated Proposal to fix the problem...

WAY TO CIRCUMVENT THE PUBLIC PROCESS!!!! BOARD GENERATED PROPOSALS HAVE NO MECHANISM FOR PUBLIC INPUT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    Fritz Johnson standing up to the B.S. Thinks that due to so much involvement from people on the peninsula, we are overdue for a meeting on the Kenai.

Everyone but him voted to have meeting in Anchorage. What a corrupt process. This system is broken. Citizens of the Kenai should be livid right now. All of us.
    Did anyone expect anything different. I think a major protest by Kenai residents in the streets against the Gov and his appointments may make a point. Does anyone have the energy to do this? Because a change in Gov is the only way to replace commissioners, directors and board members.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast