D0-it-yourselfers....this class is for you.

I understand there are many people who get a great deal of satisfaction of completing their own mounts, but are scared of messing up or not doing things right. I am going to have a class (or multiple classes, depending on interest) that will cover making a caribou or deer panel mount. It won't save you a lot of money over just having your antlers mounted by a taxidermist, but you will have the satisfaction of being able to say you did it yourself.

Spectators - $50 (watch, ask questions, video, take notes)
Participants - caribou-$175, deer-$150

For participants, the class will include all materials for making a professional quality panel mount - hardwood panel, elk leather, and all materials/hardware. You provide antlers that have been cleaned (skull plate) and stained (if necessary) and are ready for putting on a panel. Skull plates must be intact (not split) or wired and bondoed together if split.

Your choice of oak or walnut panel, dark brown or natural leather. I will need choices for wood and leather 2 weeks in advance of the class so I can get everything ordered.

This is for caribou and deer only. I don't have enough room for a bunch of moose panels to be made at the same time. LOL. If I get enough interest in moose, I may have a moose only class.

Class is limited to 5 participants and 3 spectators.
When you leave you will either decide you want to continue doing your own, or want to let your taxidermist do them for you. LOL But I guarantee you will learn how to make a panel mount that looks (mostly) professional - depending on how much an eye you have for symmetry. LOL.

This will likely be a two day class starting with 4 hours on Sat and finishing up on Sun - I will schedule the class when it when I have the minimum number of participants signed up.

call the shop at 907-357-7487, to sign up. (hours are 12-6 mon thru fri)