Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED Lights

Default LED Lights

Does anyone know where I can pick up a set of small 2x2" or so LED lights for my wheeler? I'm looking for the cheaper brands, not looking for Rigid or anything like that. I've seen them in Anchorage somewhere, but can't seem to find them again.

Rob
    BOATLESS for now......
    Heavy Hitter Fishing
    MMSI#

Rob,
    A friend ("keeping her wet" on here, the guy who helped you out when your boat had trouble) is running these on his Rhino and says they are great. Rupse Offroad ATV bar, 36 watts, cost = $40- on Amazon.
    I'm planning to mount a set on O-boat myself.
    BK

Awesome thanks. I was just looking at them.
    BOATLESS for now......
    Heavy Hitter Fishing
    MMSI#

A pretty good variety is available at superbrightleds.com for many different applications.
    Last edited by Ryan J; 09-11-2014 at 10:41. Reason: spelling

Check Amazon. Some really good deals there

Six states has some too, not quite as cheap as amazon but local if you need them fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I ordered the one BKmail suggested and got it today. LOL Man that's fast for Amazon. Only $12.00 shipping too. It's not as wide as advertised or what I wanted but it has 4 LEDs on each end that are wide beam and the 4 center ones look like spot type. Once I get it installed tomorrow, I'll post up some pics.
    BOATLESS for now......
    Heavy Hitter Fishing
    MMSI#

I'd love to hear how you like it, I need to order some too!

I just ordered a combo spot/flood light bar from OPT7 off of Amazon. The guy in Arkansas that is making a custom front brush guard for my Big Boss recommended them. Should be here next week when my brush guard arrives as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got it all wires up and installed today. Looks great and darn bright.
    BOATLESS for now......
    Heavy Hitter Fishing
    MMSI#

Big improvement over your headlights? Does it shine further than your headlights?

I'll let ya know after I test it out tonight. But inside the garage with the lights off it's hard to even tell that the stock lights are on
    BOATLESS for now......
    Heavy Hitter Fishing
    MMSI#

WOW. Bright as can be. Love the new light. Thanks BKmail for putting me onto it. Moose hunted late last night and when we rode out, it was hard to tell if my stock lights were even on or not. Very well built light.
    BOATLESS for now......
    Heavy Hitter Fishing
    MMSI#

Thanks for the review, I think I'll order a pair to try!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwildman View Post
    I just ordered a combo spot/flood light bar from OPT7 off of Amazon. The guy in Arkansas that is making a custom front brush guard for my Big Boss recommended them. Should be here next week when my brush guard arrives as well.
    Looks good, you'll like the brush guard just remember to have an in line plug for the light so you can get the grill guard back off to slide your winch out to get to your fill plug on the front diff when you change the fluid.
    I have a 9" VisionX on my headache rack pointing rearward thar a flood pattern. Amazing light that came in handy this year. Backed the 6 by up to the downed bull and flipped on the light and quartered him up without direct beam headlamps making things harder.....you'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by cwoods View Post
    Looks good, you'll like the brush guard just remember to have an in line plug for the light so you can get the grill guard back off to slide your winch out to get to your fill plug on the front diff when you change the fluid.
    I have a 9" VisionX on my headache rack pointing rearward thar a flood pattern. Amazing light that came in handy this year. Backed the 6 by up to the downed bull and flipped on the light and quartered him up without direct beam headlamps making things harder.....you'll like it.
    A rear facing light is a must!! I have a another OPT7 in a flood pattern sitting on my workbench ready to be installed just for that purpose. Before I mount it I need to get a battery box made up so I can run a second battery like you did. I figure with two winches and two light bars, it wouldn't take much to kill the single battery.

IMG_20140926_211527.jpg Installed a 30" OPT7 on our Ranger 6x6, the thing is awesome. I would definitely buy an OPT7 light bar again.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Taker View Post
    IMG_20140926_211527.jpg Installed a 30" OPT7 on our Ranger 6x6, the thing is awesome. I would definitely buy an OPT7 light bar again.

****! That thing must really throw some light.

I fabricated a bracket, and mounted a 36W LED flood on the top of my front rack (about instrument cluster high) of my MudPro. I got it off of Amazon for about $28 (IIRC). It's very bright. That coupled w/ changing out the headlights to HID's (5000K) (ebay - $40?), makes for an excellent combination when going down a trail at night. The HIDs throw a wide flat light, and the LED takes up the slack for the middle of the trail. Out on open terrain, it throws a wide wall of light at least 100yds (or more) in front of you.

I also mounted an 18W LED ($28 for 2) on the back bumper. It works very well. I use the vehicle to plow snow w/, and it makes it great for backing up at night. I mounted both switches on the dash and they are lighted, so I can see if they get turned on accidently or not.

Also - w/ this combination,although the amount of light is at least 3-4x of a stock set-up, it is still less taxing on the electrical system. The HID's are 35W each, replacing the original 55W bulbs (less than 6 amps vs 9 amps total) and the front 36W LED only draws 3 amps, while the rear one draw 1.5 amps. Unless moving at speed, one could actually just use the 36W on the front and only draw 3 amps.

Quote Originally Posted by flhshvlhed View Post
    I fabricated a bracket, and mounted a 36W LED flood on the top of my front rack (about instrument cluster high) of my MudPro. I got it off of Amazon for about $28 (IIRC). It's very bright. That coupled w/ changing out the headlights to HID's (5000K) (ebay - $40?), makes for an excellent combination when going down a trail at night. The HIDs throw a wide flat light, and the LED takes up the slack for the middle of the trail. Out on open terrain, it throws a wide wall of light at least 100yds (or more) in front of you.

I also mounted an 18W LED ($28 for 2) on the back bumper. It works very well. I use the vehicle to plow snow w/, and it makes it great for backing up at night. I mounted both switches on the dash and they are lighted, so I can see if they get turned on accidently or not.

Also - w/ this combination,although the amount of light is at least 3-4x of a stock set-up, it is still less taxing on the electrical system. The HID's are 35W each, replacing the original 55W bulbs (less than 6 amps vs 9 amps total) and the front 36W LED only draws 3 amps, while the rear one draw 1.5 amps. Unless moving at speed, one could actually just use the 36W on the front and only draw 3 amps.
    I like the way you think. Not only did you increase the output by 3-4 times you did it by not causing other problems. I am impressed!! I think that the first time Iíve ever said that when it came to someone modifying a atv electrical system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast