Thread: New to the forum and state!

Default New to the forum and state!

My wife and I just moved up from Texas to the Kenai Peninsula! Just wanted to drop and introduce myself, and hope everyone is having a successful hunting season so far! I won't have my guns up here until first of October, so until then just trying to get settled in and learn the land a little! Saw a handful of Wigeon on the middle Kenai river last week while trout fishing! Good luck everyone!uploadfromtaptalk1410418276398.jpg
    "Arise, kill and eat."
    Acts 10:13

Welcome to AK! just in time to hunker down and get ready for winter. Not without enjoying the beauty of fall first though. Enjoy it.

There are some great guys on this forum and throughout the Outdoors Directory system, you willl find a ton of information. Enjoy your stay
    Hugh
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Welcome to the forum.........This is a great time of year to take a camera and do a "Easy" day hike up Summit Creek. The colors are breathtaking.

Welcome aboard, sir! How did you choose the Kenai area? Is that were work led you, or...? It's a wonderful area, and as AGL alluded to, there is some great hiking to be had in the Kenai Mountains.

Welcome to AK. The non-resident small game only hunting license is cheap. That will give you the ability to get out and explore while looking for ptarmigan, grouse, and hares.

Thank you guys! We are in love with out new home, work brought us to the peninsula! We work for a non profit! Is the small game and duckstamps all I need for duck hunting? We may go check out that Summit Creek hike!
    "Arise, kill and eat."
    Acts 10:13

Yep, small game license, state and fed stamps and you're all set
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

It is well worth the trip, and is a fairly easy hike. For a super bonus, when you get to the back, turn a hard left, and go to the end of the lake, then take a hard right up the hill to an enchanting box canyon that is not very deep, but fun to wander around in. The colors this time of year are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by txsuddethak View Post
    We may go check out that Summit Creek hike!