Thread: 7.62x25 Tokarev in Anchorage?

Default 7.62x25 Tokarev in Anchorage?

Has anyone seen 7.62x25 Tokarev ammo in Anchorage? Either the now-scarce surplus or new commercial?

Have not seen any 7.62 x 25 pistol ammo in Anchorage in a long time. I'm still shooting from a spam can I picked up about 15 years ago.

If you are in the Valley, try Arctic Ammo. I found some Wolf Gold ammo (boxer, brass case) there a few months ago. Very expensive though. I understand Prvi Partisan makes the caliber now in new commercial loads. If only someone in town would stock this milsurp caliber.

I can get it for you here at about 60 cents a round (S&B) or 70 cents for Winchester white box plus FedEx charges. Haven't seen any surplus on the market in years now and with the Obama/Putin feud don't hold your breath.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thanks Andy. I appreciate the offer, but hadn't realized how expensive the ammo had gotten. I'm not looking for much and expect the FedEx charges would break the pocket book.

If there's none in stock around town, I'm thinking of ordering some brass and platted bullets. Assuming I can find good load data. If anyone is interested in components, let me know.

I've been loading for mine for 30+ years with good success. For a while I couldn't get boxer brass so I made some using 38spl brass which was almost more work than it was worth. My dad bought a box of Russian stuff quite a few years back but it didn't work very well. All I have seen lately has been expensive and I haven't even seen any of that recently. Data is not hard to find.

It's defiantly a roll your own caliber. When I started loading it 30 Mouser data and dies were the norm but now everybody makes dies and data is plentiful. Order up some Lee dies, police that far flung brass and have at it.

If ya ain't got brass get it while it's hot.
    https://www.starlinebrass.com/order-...liber/7.62x25/
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

saw some at Boondocks in Eagle River yesterday. Also saw some at Cabelas a while back, but haven't been in there lately..
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Have 800rnds surplus and a cz52 if anyone is interested
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.”--Benjamin Franklin

I have a pistol in the box with original sidearm holster, 2 clips and 2 boxes of shells. Buy the gun and I will tell you where to buy ammo in Anch.

I get mine in the place across from Sears by Office Lounge. They had both Russian and Chinese rounds when last there.

Gun runners
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Cabela's was out this week but I was able to order some. If the Anchorage store is out but their distribution center in lower 48 has it in stock you can order in-store pick up with no shipping. It does take 6 weeks though as they will add it to an existing truck coming up because paying for UPS or FedEx would cost more than the ammo.