Thread: Opening day violations.

Default Opening day violations.

http://dps.alaska.gov/pio/dispatch/T...4.20140906.txt

It looks like the Troopers were busy down on the flats on opening day. Really simple violations that are easily avoidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of these years I'm going to take my UTS-15 on opening day just for grins - plugged of course.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Just read one this morning...lead shot! really, probably had a beard, and camo paint on as well with a brand new DC Call on his neck. The troopers are doing their jobs and we are thankful for that..but even they have to have the last laugh at times when coming across these guys..lol
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

As far as the lead shot is concerned I know you can't even have a lead shell is you get a ticket but can you carry slugs with you? It seems silly to not have some sort of bear protection when we're stomping through the woods and swamps before sun up I'd hate to have to hope a shot of 2's would stop a bear.. I've never checked to see if it's allowed or not.

If hunting in an area where its legel to hunt moose or I think bears are there.. I carry a few slugs. I would think even most LEOs would be smart enough to understand that in AK. Not to mention him trying to explain that to a judge in court. Wouldnt make him look to bright..
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    As far as the lead shot is concerned I know you can't even have a lead shell is you get a ticket but can you carry slugs with you? It seems silly to not have some sort of bear protection when we're stomping through the woods and swamps before sun up I'd hate to have to hope a shot of 2's would stop a bear.. I've never checked to see if it's allowed or not.
    I've had the same question. I've been taking out three slugs with me just in case. I've also tryed to find (unsucessfully) any regulation on bringing a second shotgun with me in my boat. My thought was to have it as a bear gun, pre loaded with slugs, with the plug in, sitting in my boat with me.

Holy crap! I guess Duck Dynasty doesn't tell people they are supposed to plug their shotgun!

I think Barnes makes a lead free slug. Might be an option to be on the safe side. I used to carry a few slugs with me in the off chance I encountered a legal moose.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Slugs are slugs and not "shot". It's no different then if you also carried a revolver with you for bear protection while duck hunting. If the LEO is worried you might be trying to shoot decaying ducks with your .44 then I guess you'll have to wait for the judge to chuckle and throw it out.

Yep blame duck dynasty your all a bunch of assclowns... Especially duckslayer56

Don't be so mad just because your are stuck down in CO. with all the anti gun hippie pot heads.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Yep blame duck dynasty your all a bunch of assclowns... Especially duckslayer56
    Haha who is this guy? Seems to be a duck dynasty follower fa sho! Do you need any more pro staff?

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Half a box of steel 4's will do the job if the bear jumps into your boat blind at Portage.

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    Haha who is this guy? Seems to be a duck dynasty follower fa sho! Do you need any more pro staff?

Sent while partying

Don't sweat it Joe, he's a buddy and just giving me crap.

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post

Sent while partying

well lookee here another internet tough guy... Why dont you go punch yourself in the face for being a ******....

Quote Originally Posted by chansen View Post
    Don't be so mad just because your are stuck down in CO. with all the anti gun hippie pot heads.
    Yeah poor me versus sitting up their with a bunch of internet tough guys who talk **** think they are god gift to all things duck hunting

Yeah poor me versus sitting up their with a bunch of internet tough guys who talk **** think they are god gift to all things duck hunting
    (Eyes rolling)

Sent while partying

(Eyes rolling)

Sent while partying

It's because we are god's gift to all things duck hunting. Go back to selling yourself out in front of the Sportsman's Warehouse for cheeseburgers you mustard tiger

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    It's because we are god's gift to all things duck hunting. Go back to selling yourself out in front of the Sportsman's Warehouse for cheeseburgers you mustard tiger
    Man that really stung those are some original burns you should write for a tv show or something...