Thread: This is the year!!!

Default This is the year!!!

I used to float and fish the larger Michigan rivers for trout every year and catch browns and bows up to 24", moved here four years ago. I'm pretty busy in the summer but have tried to take a few charters every summer, (usually when friends are up), and our big kenai rainbow, (over 5 trips) is 16". I assume its the time of year and everyone says hit it in the fall and this year is the year I'm getting focused! I have two small pontoons, 9' sportsmans models, but have read some reports of big fish days recently and am not adverse to hiring a guide. Never floated the kenai without a guide and only floated from the lake to the ferry when I did float with a guide. Only fished beads a couple of times on willow with little success. Anyone want to meet up in coopers landing area for a few floats or give a recommendation on a guide, (prefer to float with someone at least once), where big trout are the focus? Possibly could borrow a 18' cat but never rowed a river boat larger than a 12' double pontoon on fast water. Can fish every day but Mon and Tue with some planning.

Where from in MI??? I'll be up there for 2 weeks starting Saturday.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK