Thread: Port Ashton Lodge trip. How is the fishing?

Default Port Ashton Lodge trip. How is the fishing?

It looks like next summer its a trip out to Port Ashton Lodge. We are going to spend a night out there. How is the fishing out and around there? Its a ling, rockfish, halibut trip. We will be in a 28ft boat with twin 250's so we are good there. We have not fished the area much and am wondering if you could give me a few pointers. I am NOT asking for number just a few tips. Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    It looks like next summer its a trip out to Port Ashton Lodge. We are going to spend a night out there. How is the fishing out and around there? Its a ling, rockfish, halibut trip. We will be in a 28ft boat with twin 250's so we are good there. We have not fished the area much and am wondering if you could give me a few pointers. I am NOT asking for number just a few tips. Thanks for your help
    You don't wanna go there....

When you get close to going, PM me and I will tell you where the fishing is good. It will save you a bunch of extra fuel that you will burn trying areas that are either not productive or already fished heavily.

AK Capt that is very kind of you!! I would very much appreciate any pointers on where to fish!

We fish this area 2 or 3 times a year, you should be limiting out on the black rock fish. Look for seagulls congregating on the surface and you will generally find the Blackies. As for halibut knowing where to prospect from someone who has recently fished the area is a real plus. In June we couldn’t keep the lings off our hooks, 3 weeks later when they were in season we couldn’t find a one, ended up circumnavigating Montague to pick up 4 legal ones on the North end. From week to week things change for sure.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.