Thread: Stuck in Petersville

Default Stuck in Petersville

Well a bought a big boss 6x6 this summer and managed to get stuck about a mile back from the road in petersville with nothing to winch to. Tried some anchors and didnt work. I dont no anybody personally that could help. I am going to check on renting a argo tomorrow and take the wife back in with me. (shes not to fond of this plan) Its going to cost little over 500 bucks to rent an argo and trailer and buy supplies to go back in there. If anybody has the equipment and know how to get this 6x6 out and back to road or know some body who does, I would gladly pay what i would have to spend to rent the argo and go that route. I got some pics I can send anybody who is interested so you see how stuck it is. Thanks 907-715-8763 Im in wasilla

I posted your story on a Facebook page for ATV'rs. Hopefully you will get someone to respond and lend a hand.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I would haul back in with a 5' or 6' steel bar and a sledge hammer. We used to do this all the time for trucks when there was nothing to wench too. Drive it into the ground at about a 20 to 30 degree away from the veh and then tie you cable to it and wench out. Once you get out drive the veh over the top of the dead man bar and wench it back out of the ground. This has to be a solid bar not a pipe because it will bend and you have to get it into the ground at a min of 4' to 5' if it is soft or wet.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Sweepint is spot on and it will get you out of the bind you are in. I use this with my ranger with no issues. If I was in town I would come help you but if you can get a solid bar you won't really need any help.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

I would like to see some pictures. Before you do that how far are the nearest trees? Are you stuck in a area with no bottom (lake that is cover with grass)? Why do you think you need an argo, what about another 6x6?

Other methods of getting unstuck.
    If you had a high-lift jack and plywood could you jack yourself up to get brush under the tires? Depending on the type of ground a person can dig a T trench put a log in the trench with a cable in the middle for a anchor instead of using a pipe.

So you have a winch then? Why not just get a suitable length of rope/cable and attach it to winch out? A deadman as stated above is another solution, or a rope-a-long and rope.

This is Mrs Barbwire. Just got a message from my husband saying he got his 6x6 out. Don't know any of the details...Just want to say Thanks for all who offered and did help

Buy one of these. Best $50 you will ever spend. We winched out my buddies SXS 6X6 with a loaded meat trailer time after time going through swamps last year. Never have an issue.

I have a anchor if you need to borrow one. Im in Wasilla. I also have a 4' piece of 1.5" aluminum round stock you can borrow also if you need. If its bottom less where its stuck you will need to set your anchor as far away as possible (100+ plus) and bury the anchor or hammer round stock 2-3' at least at a angle like was described. Do you have a pic? If its as buried as much as I can imagine out there taking another machine might make things worse.... also using a snatch block to lighten the load on your winch will help IMMENSELY! If you need cheaper line get a 600' spool of 5/16" blue poly from polar wire.