Thread: Hunter Creek

Default Hunter Creek

I was wondering. Has anyone ever fished in Hunter Creek? ( the creek up the Knik River road on the south side of the Knik river. east a ways off the Old Glen/Kink bridge) I've read on these forums about people walking up it to reach sheep in Eklutna, but nothing on fishing. theres a small turnout and a gate to keep vehicles off the gravel, but no "No fishing" signs that I could tell. its not listed on either the Knik Arm or Anchorage zones' regulation books at all (it seems to fall right on the border between them). So that tells me theres no special regs about it, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever caught any trout or grayling there.

thanks

no one huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkadey View Post
    no one huh?
    I live on KRR and over the years I've walked both up and down that creek. I'd be surprised if there's even one fish in that creek, myself.
    I'd have heard if there were grayling, I have heard of silvers caught near where it flows into the Knik.
    I've never seen anyone with fishing poles near that bridge either.

Default Upstream

Never fished the lower reaches, but at the headwaters, I have seen lots of Goldenfin Dollies. They are about five inches long.