Thread: Stalked this fellow today

Default Stalked this fellow today

Huge body. A beast. But only mid 40's on the rack. He was bedded down and let me get within 30 yards before he knew I was there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Should be a monster next year!

I'd be looking for him to find the sheds in Jan-Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by AKmyles View Post
    Should be a monster next year!
    I don't think so, the reason I say that is to get that big it must be a old bull. If the area does not have the proper mineral for good antler growth the bull will have small or deformed antlers like were seeing in this bull.

Or bulls over there prime have small and deformed antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I don't think so, the reason I say that is to get that big it must be a old bull. If the area does not have the proper mineral for good antler growth the bull will have small or deformed antlers like were seeing in this bull.

Or bulls over there prime have small and deformed antlers.

Exactly. I doubt very much that this bull ever had, or ever will have big horns. If he had had big horns during his life, they usually drop (sag) a bit as they leave the base as evidence of carrying a lot of weight year after year. He has no mass at all to his bases and they grow straight out.

If he was going to have big horns next year, you'd see that in his horns now, and I see nothing that says he will.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

[QUOTE=4merguide;1422599]Exactly. I doubt very much that this bull ever had, or ever will have big horns. If he had had big horns during his life, they usually drop (sag) a bit as they leave the base as evidence of carrying a lot of weight year after year. He has no mass at all to his bases and they grow straight out.

If he was going to have big horns next year, you'd see that in his horns now, and I see nothing that says he will.....[/QUOTE

i beg to differ, he appears to be a very healthy bull and will be in his prime in 2 years. I would guess him to be 4 and a half years of age

I guarantee that bull will never have big horns. Cows and goats have horns. Moose have antlers

Quote Originally Posted by jpost View Post
    I guarantee that bull will never have big horns. Cows and goats have horns. Moose have antlers
    Buhahahaha!!!

We we were just talking about this the other day in regards to a fossil that was given to me. Someone was arguing that it was bison horn and someone else saying it was a mammoth tusk and another vote for walrus tusk.