Thread: Dm406

My wife has tag. Trying help her fill tag. Been out on foot around zero lake rd and trails on lower portion of road. Lota hunters around. Was wondering on advice of areas. Been looking at 4 mile road on google. Looks like a trail starts at end of road? Have to cross deception creek. Can it be done on foot? And is it leagal to cross on wheelers? Any other ideas? Have wheelers if needed. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Deception Creek is a salmon/trout spawning stream, so I would imagine that wheelers would be a no-no. It is not a big creek and there are spots within 3/8 mile of the bridge (Willow-Fishook) that could (probably) be crossed in SuperTuffs - given a "normal" flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Deception Creek is a salmon/trout spawning stream, so I would imagine that wheelers would be a no-no. It is not a big creek and there are spots within 3/8 mile of the bridge (Willow-Fishook) that could (probably) be crossed in SuperTuffs - given a "normal" flow.
    Thats what I was thinking. I just been so busy I havent had time to call F&G yet. Thanks for the info. If anyone has any other ideas for areas to check out I'd appreciate it.

Talked to F&G and ask if there any legal crossing for atvs. Deception ck is well name it can go from 12'' deep to sinking a 3/4t truck in a few hours. Looking at the radar it raining hard in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Talked to F&G and ask if there any legal crossing for atvs. Deception ck is well name it can go from 12'' deep to sinking a 3/4t truck in a few hours. Looking at the radar it raining hard in the area.
    Thx for your time.