Thread: DM 400 cow moose info.

Default DM 400 cow moose info.

I have been out every weekend trying got get my daughter her cow from homer with no success yet. I was going to float the little su for my DM 400 tag but will not have enough time to do so. My daughter is buisy this weekend so now is my chance. Just wondering if anyone would like to share a trail head to start from. I talked to the bio and he told me the float was the best bet but it's just not in the cards for me this year. I have a fourwheeler and strong back so either a walking trail or wheeler would do. Not looking for a secret spot just a good legal starting point. Pm me if you have any info. Thanks.

We are hunting the same tag, my daughter has it , check out the power line pass, clear and wide open, lot of cows, we had two stalks on two different days, the first we couldn't get the gun out of the boot fast enough and the second was we thought she had calves, but ended up to be another cow, and they bolted. we will hunt it later in the month, got other hunts to do....good luck.

Just be aware of the no motorize use in the Susitna Flats Refuge. I was down there last weekend and LE was ALL OVER the place. Saw them seize a non-legal moose on Saturday and then they were patrolling on Sunday. There is very little places you can legally access the land in the refuge with an ATV, but it is wide open for glassing if you get out on foot.

Hope this helps, I used it to find some spots.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...itnaflats.main

Not sure where powerline pass is on the west side of the road? Also don't think the flats are in my hunt area. The DM 400 tag is the little su south to the willow north. And the highway to the big su. Just leaving from big lake now and going to check out deshka landing road area. Still have t found a trail. It's very hard to find out what is private land and what is legal hunting. Any help would be much appreciated.