Thread: first hiccup with the versamax.

Default first hiccup with the versamax.

I had my first failure to feed with my versamax that i purchased last year. I let my magazine tube go too long without cleaning and the follower was gummed up real bad and the spring was failing to push the shell far enough onto the ramp to trigger it to lift. Just thought I'd throw the information out there. Cleaned gun up. Works fine now. Guess their claim of 2000 rounds without any cleaning and the gun will operate was incorrect.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    I had my first failure to feed with my versamax that i purchased last year. I let my magazine tube go too long without cleaning and the follower was gummed up real bad and the spring was failing to push the shell far enough onto the ramp to trigger it to lift. Just thought I'd throw the information out there. Cleaned gun up. Works fine now. Guess their claim of 2000 rounds without any cleaning and the gun will operate was incorrect.
    I have this gun I've put over 2000 through it but you have to break it in with cleaning just like any gun wipe it clean take the bolt out no gunk or anything to cause excess scoring inside the action. It's aluminum and it will wear out fast if not broken in properly. Mine it flawless now just have to take care of it! Not sure if they ment 2000 round in the marsh or on the range though. I love the gun that's for sure. Only problem is the bolt handle is known to come out and the way to fix it is an aftermarket bolt handle has a notch so it can't come out unless you pull on it hard. I found it on midway USA for around $20. Hopefully yours treats you as good as mine has treated me!