Thread: king quad u joint

Default king quad u joint

I've checked eagle river and suzuki shop in anchorage but does anyone know where a 93 king quad rear u joint can be found....or rented

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Did you try the ATV Salvage?

if that's the eagle river place then yes. Is there another?

Go to napa with the old u joint in hand or all of the measurements. Have them look it up in the book by the dimensions. The older king quads use the same u joint as a certain model of Peugot car if I remember right.. There used to be a black guy named Martin at the Napa in Palmer who found it for me. Don't know if he's still there. They are really not made to be easily removed from the carrier, they are staked in, but it can be done and its ALOT cheaper than buying the complete Oem unit.

it was about 20 bucks...

sadly I didn't have time to get it off and no one will overnight to alaska. Does anyone of an atv salvage yard in wasilla

snow salvage had some used machines and would have hooked me up with a new one from the warehouse in town but their computer went down. They recommended young's gear which had one in stock so they're both good options if anyone needs something in the future. Thanks for the help

Just wanted to update if anyone stumbles across this thread. DO NOT use hollow aftermarket u joints. I took a chance and snapped the u joint which snapped the axle yoke in less that 20 miles crawling at less than 5 miles an hour. Luckily I was able to crawl to the road.

quote from the suzuki forum
    The u-joint to use is made by POWERTRAIN INDUSTRIES #9951-22....It is a perfect fit and is a peened type ( I just tack weld a washer on the outside to hold it in)
    The next best is GMB #220-0045
    Both are as good as the OEM.....only difference is that the 9951-22 has cap diameter of .790 which is a real good fit.....the GMB is .787 , not quiet as tight of fit, but works well

Both are made just like the OEM with a drawn cap ( much thinner to allow for a larger diameter shaft) and larger SOLID shafts

Quote Originally Posted by Happily View Post
    Just wanted to update if anyone stumbles across this thread. DO NOT use hollow aftermarket u joints. I took a chance and snapped the u joint which snapped the axle yoke in less that 20 miles crawling at less than 5 miles an hour. Luckily I was able to crawl to the road.

quote from the suzuki forum
    The u-joint to use is made by POWERTRAIN INDUSTRIES #9951-22....It is a perfect fit and is a peened type ( I just tack weld a washer on the outside to hold it in)
    The next best is GMB #220-0045
    Both are as good as the OEM.....only difference is that the 9951-22 has cap diameter of .790 which is a real good fit.....the GMB is .787 , not quiet as tight of fit, but works well

Both are made just like the OEM with a drawn cap ( much thinner to allow for a larger diameter shaft) and larger SOLID shafts
    One of my pet peeve is someone asking for help and after they fix or find the information they were looking for they never post the information. Leaving the people who tried to help wondering what happen.

Even those I could not help, I still think it was nice you told us what you found.

mine as well. Googling things and find tons of threads that never reach a conclusion

If you haven't yet tried...call Dean at All Sports in Peters Creek. Off the top of my head I think his # is 688-1021.