Thread: Birds

Default Birds

I have always liked Eagles so I never get bored taking pictures of them. This is my favorite from last week in Homer. I snapped it before realizing the tent was in there and wasn't fast enough to get another but I still like it. I hope this works right.

Ok so its a litte too big, any help on making it a little smaller would be appreciated.

I'll try this again.

Hope that worked.

Great shots. Love the raven or crow in the talons in the first shot and that second shot is very sharp and full of detail! Very nice man!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Very nice shots. Since you use some of the big and expensive lenses, keep in mind that if you happen to go down to Chitina, you will see quite a lot of eagles on the gravel/sand bars around the fish wheels by the bridge. Sometimes the eagles and seagulls make quite a racket defending their food.

The only problem I can see is that it's windy quite often, and the wind picks river sand. I would never change a lens in such conditions. This seagull was flying perhaps twenty feet above my head when I took the picture. I used a Sigma lens, since I can't afford a Canon "L"

Sometimes I have to scare them away from me when cleaning salmon. Now, your bird photos are of outstanding quality, and I love to see them in this forum. Nice and sharp, too.