Thread: Alaskan Dall Sheep Hunt

Default Alaskan Dall Sheep Hunt

I'm planning on a Sheep hunt in 2008 and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good Outfitter or Guide. I've never been hunting in Alaska before and I want to make sure my first time isn't my last time. Thanks

Default Sheep hunt

Are you a resident or will you be at hunt time?If not you will need a guide.If this is your first hunt I would recomend going wiyh a seasoned sheep hunter or a guide.

I'm not an Alaskan Resident, I'll be coming in from Texas. I see alot of ad's for outfitters and guides and they all sound pretty good, but there is nothing like word of mouth. I'd rather hear from someone who has used a particular guide to make a decision.

Default Jake Jefferson

You might check out his website. www.blackriverhunting.com

He can be found on ODD under username: BRWNBR

Top quality guy.

kingfisherktn

Default Guide recommendations

There are a number of guides that advertise both on this web site and on others on the internet. One suggestion I have is to ask for a list of references....then call some of them! In addition I would want to talk to prior clients who DID NOT GET what they were hunting for and inquire if they would have any misgivings hunting again with the same outfit. That might be a stronger indicator of a quality guide rather than if they just got what they were after and perhaps provide more insight into having had a successful "hunt" as opposed to a successful "harvest".

I would recommend Deltana outfitters www.deltana.com