Thread: What's in your freezer?

Default What's in your freezer?

What all does everyone have in their freezer so far this year?

I'm working with Black Cod tips and fillets, Lots of venision, Halibut fillets and cheeks, Abalone, Scallops, Rockfish, Dungeness crab and Sockeye. Need to go out and harvest some Sea Cucumbers next, and maybe a winter King Salmon or two!

Enough sockeye and coho (filets and smoked) to feed the family until next season with enough left to share with family. Also about 40 jars (4+ gallons) of blueberries to keep my wife happy for a year. Lots of cured eggs too but I'm in not hungry enough to eat those....

Hope to fill the other freezer with moose shortly.

Some salmon fillets and cured eggs. Just closed on a fixer upper house so the moose meat might have to wait until next year.

So far this year......only two thieves.

Reds, Halibut, rock fish, Ling cod, Caribou, misc frozen goods and a case of otter pops
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Moose, caribou, shrimp, halibut, rockfish, cod, lingcod, chicken, pork and bait.
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

I left an Orange Creamsickle in the freezer.....had to go back to Florida.....if anybody wants it.
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun

1 caribou, 1/2 of a moose, 1/2 of a bison in the large freezer. In the smaller freezer, lots of vegies from the garden, high bush cranberries, strawberries and salmon. We are set for this year. We also have a portable generator to keep the freezers going for when(not if) we loose power.

Moose, black tail, a little caribou, cod, lingcod, black cod, rockfish (four species), halibut, shrimp, king salmon, smoked reds, dungies, tanners, raspberries from the backyard, and a little bait to help catch some more of the aforementioned fishes and crabs. Oh, and some albacore that was for sale at the dock in Juneau the other day. I think I may even have one package of Prow Fish left......my dad snagged one last season....crazy lookin fish but rather edible.

After living in DLG with all the moose and salmon a man could handle, I really appreciate the diversity of the options for harvesting down in SE.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    Moose, black tail, a little caribou, cod, lingcod, black cod, rockfish (four species), halibut, shrimp, king salmon, smoked reds, dungies, tanners, raspberries from the backyard, and a little bait to help catch some more of the aforementioned fishes and crabs. Oh, and some albacore that was for sale at the dock in Juneau the other day. I think I may even have one package of Prow Fish left......my dad snagged one last season....crazy lookin fish but rather edible.

After living in DLG with all the moose and salmon a man could handle, I really appreciate the diversity of the options for harvesting down in SE.
    I have a prowfish in the freezer also...haven't tried it yet, but I'm expecting it to be similar to lingcod.

Moose, Silver, One thing of cubed black bear (cooking up the backstraps this week!), halibut, duck, goose, and soon some goat!

Caribou, shrimp, octopus, silver, red and winter king salmon, ling cod, halibut, rockfish, and a little bit of moose. Hopefully some goat after this weekend!