Thread: Leave no Trace

Default Leave no Trace

Just a quick message to throw out there and sure many will add to this.

Most I hunt with try thier best to pick up shells, bags, trash etc in and around the marshes they hunt. If you fell like its the right thing to do...then please continue to do so and thanks. Even if its not yours.

For the rest....may your skies remain empty and your birds fall amongst my spread...

Thanks
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Much agreed always leave a place better than when you first arrived

I couldn't agree more!!!! It sickens me when I walk into a new hunting area or go to the blind I made that others have used to see trash everywhere. Last year I walked out to my blind to find beer cans and plastic booze shooter bottles.if there are old, shot up decoys floating are, pick them up. They are plastic too.
    Even if you are respnseable and don't leave trash, remember to tread lightly and not stomp the marsh down.

As I type this, I am cutting up some burlap so I can make another blind. It is a great material to turn into camo and it is all natural/biodegradable if left out.

I agree leave the area better than you found it
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Agreed with all above.

We should have a competition for who collects the most trash each time they go out. I like walking the local wetlands after the season and picking up trash. It's really easy to figure out where the hot hunting spots are too.

Erich
    Good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions...
    http://alaskawaterfowlproducts.blogspot.com/

Picked up 3 Bud Lite & a Coor's Lite can left by fishermen. I guess they are so concerned with their weight that they couldn't carry out the empties. I could easily fill a trash bag at the parking lot. I'm not sure I'm that motivated.

Bud light? Gross.

On the way to my spot I found a full 20oz latte set nicely by the path. Stone cold and crumpled by the rain. ****.
    Good thing I brought my own coffee.
    However on the edge of the flats someone left me a Starbucks frappe bottle stuck on a tree limb. ***?

Make ur own coffee or pack out ur trash ok?

Good points all. pack it in pack it out.
    Even your spent hulls. I always seem to find a pile of those near the public blinds down this way.
    I always pack them out with me.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Picking up trash is just part of it. It can be a "teachable moment" for young or new hunters. I wouldn't knowingly leave any thing in the swamp, but last year I did leave a wading pole. Just forgot it. I saw it the next week in the hand of a friend. I listened to him complain about people leaving "stuff" in the swamp. Felt like a loser and kept my mouth shut. Expensive lesson in tolerance. I pick up my mess and the mess left by others with the same silence. We're all in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Good points all. pack it in pack it out.
    Even your spent hulls. I always seem to find a pile of those near the public blinds down this way.
    I always pack them out with me.
    It's always smart to pick up hulls after each volley. Ducks don't like little bright things that flash at them when they are checking out the deeks.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!