Thread: Darn Tough Socks 25% off at REI right now

Default Darn Tough Socks 25% off at REI right now

Hey I know a handful of folks on here like and wear the Darn Tough Brand of socks. (It came up in some older threads, and I'm a new convert myself.) Anyway, I was just in REI in Anchorage today, and all Darn Tough brand socks are 25% off. They are not applying the "buy any three pairs of socks and get 10% off rule," however. I bought 4 pair and that came out to $56 instead of $80. They don't carry the over the calf boot length unfortunately.

Just thought I'd put it out there. I am not affiliated with nor have a pecuniary interest in REI.

I have a buddy that found these recently and swears by them. Says he won't buy another sock cotton synthetic or otherwise ever again. He was out fighting the big fire we had down here this summer and after wearing the same socks for a few days and his feet were killing him. Somebody asked him on the radio if he needed anything so he asked for socks. They brought him a pair of Darn Tough and it was like magic. His feet felt better. He buys his on line as they are a little pricey. I bought my first pair the other day to try out. Sure like the warranty.

I'm a fan - they're very warm and nearly indestructible. Been wearing them for years.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

I have bought several pair of Darn Tough's over the years for work and pleasure. They are the best I've found so far. I have been getting them from Shoebuy.com. Their prices are better that REI and they frequently have 20-30% off coupons if you get on their email list.

On a side note, Darn Tough's warranty is awesome with about a two week turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaiphisher View Post
    I have bought several pair of Darn Tough's over the years for work and pleasure. They are the best I've found so far. I have been getting them from Shoebuy.com. Their prices are better that REI and they frequently have 20-30% off coupons if you get on their email list.

On a side note, Darn Tough's warranty is awesome with about a two week turn around.
    Whats their warranty? sounds like you've used it before.

lifetime warranty on there socks

Thanks!!! I have a gift cert that needs burning up so this is excellent.

Lifetime warranty, no questions asked. Here the info from their website:

HOW DOES YOUR WARRANTY WORK?

In a nutshell, if you can put a hole in them we will replace them free of charge, for life. Our socks are guaranteed to be the most comfortable, durable and best fitting socks you can buy. If for some reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase just place your clean pair of socks in a package along with a note explaining why you are dissatisfied and include your shoe size and gender, phone number, email and address. Send to us at: Darn Tough Vermont, Customer Warranty, 364 Whetstone Drive, Northfield, VT 05663. We will send your replacements to the address you provided and we will pay for the return postage.

HOW LONG IS THE TURN AROUND ON WARRANTY RETURNS?

We try to get your replacement socks shipped out within 10 days of receiving them.

WHAT DOES OUR WARRANTY COVER?

Basically anything and everything. If they are not the most comfortable, durable, best fitting socks you have ever owned return them to us for your money back or another pair. Things that generally aren’t covered—disappeared in the dryer, dog ate them, too close to camp fire, theft by friend or foe, etc., etc. However all claims made in good faith will be considered. Please note, socks purchased as seconds or irregulars are not covered by our warranty.

That's awesome phisher, I didn't know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaiphisher View Post
    Lifetime warranty, no questions asked. Here the info from their website:

HOW DOES YOUR WARRANTY WORK?

In a nutshell, if you can put a hole in them we will replace them free of charge, for life. Our socks are guaranteed to be the most comfortable, durable and best fitting socks you can buy. If for some reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase just place your clean pair of socks in a package along with a note explaining why you are dissatisfied and include your shoe size and gender, phone number, email and address. Send to us at: Darn Tough Vermont, Customer Warranty, 364 Whetstone Drive, Northfield, VT 05663. We will send your replacements to the address you provided and we will pay for the return postage.

HOW LONG IS THE TURN AROUND ON WARRANTY RETURNS?

We try to get your replacement socks shipped out within 10 days of receiving them.

WHAT DOES OUR WARRANTY COVER?

Basically anything and everything. If they are not the most comfortable, durable, best fitting socks you have ever owned return them to us for your money back or another pair. Things that generally aren’t covered—disappeared in the dryer, dog ate them, too close to camp fire, theft by friend or foe, etc., etc. However all claims made in good faith will be considered. Please note, socks purchased as seconds or irregulars are not covered by our warranty.
    wow, I've been using darn tough socks for years and had no idea about the warranty. thanks for the info phish.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnclimber View Post
    wow, I've been using darn tough socks for years and had no idea about the warranty. thanks for the info phish.
    Happy to pass on the info. I have returned a couple pairs for wear and tear (me being too rough on them) and they have sent me new ones each time. My experience is about a two week turn around time from when you send them in. Happy trails!

I started wearing Darn Tough socks on my hunts and I too give them very high praise. I haven't worn them out yet, but wow, what a warranty!