Thread: FFL to FFL shipment to AK

Default FFL to FFL shipment to AK

Moving to Talkeetna AK very soon. I need a reputable FFL/Gun store to receive 3 rifles and three pistols from my local gun store. Who would you ship them to? The three rifles would be in a very large Pelican 1770 hard case, and the three pistols in a large pistol hard case. I'd prefer a store between Wasilla and Talkeetna. Driving through Canada so they are not going with me unfortunately. Thanks.

Have you checked with Canada to confirm you can't take them through with you? Most all long guns are allowed through, as are most handguns with barrels longer than four inches.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Mail the long guns from and to yourself in the US Mail.

Ship the handguns to Artic Ammo in Wasilla 907-357-3381, Sterling is ten bucks a gun.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Arctic Ammo. I'll look them up. Thank you for the contact. Afraid I'm not to warm and fuzzy on the USPS handling anything more than a vacation postcard. I just got a Christmas card the other day from 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMariner View Post
    Arctic Ammo. I'll look them up. Thank you for the contact. Afraid I'm not to warm and fuzzy on the USPS handling anything more than a vacation postcard. I just got a Christmas card the other day from 1993.
    Then you better not move to Alaska unless you are independently wealthy. I've mailed thousands of guns and had just two minor issues . . . Been better than UPS or FedEx for me. Bottom line is somebody sticks then in the mail or you'll be spending about $80 per handgun and $150 per long gun to overnight them with FedEx.

Arctic Ammo sponsors the handloading forum here. There are some dealers up the Parks but they don't have shops and will charge more.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMariner View Post
    And you want to move to AK? Fed ex and ups are to options in my area. I mailed guns from GA to my village. They arrived before I did. I've mailed guns from ANC to my village. Never had any issues. As a matter of fact, I've had parcel post packages arrive faster than 2 day air packages sent via ups.

Usps is is different up here. They actually take care of packages. All our groceries and everything is mailed. Never lost or received a damaged parcel mailed within AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    And you want to move to AK? Fed ex and ups are to options in my area. I mailed guns from GA to my village. They arrived before I did. I've mailed guns from ANC to my village. Never had any issues. As a matter of fact, I've had parcel post packages arrive faster than 2 day air packages sent via ups.

Usps is is different up here. They actually take care of packages. All our groceries and everything is mailed. Never lost or received a damaged parcel mailed within AK.
    man I wish I had your luck... im not in a village, but in Wasilla I have had some serious problems. I had a 7500$ tool go missing...(recovered a week later and it was reported missing)

Quote Originally Posted by shayno View Post
    man I wish I had your luck... im not in a village, but in Wasilla I have had some serious problems. I had a 7500$ tool go missing...(recovered a week later and it was reported missing)
    Maybe it is village luck? LOL!

When I lived down south USPS wasn't that great, but since we've moved up here, it has been great.

Now a comparison. I just bought a Rosetta Stone. It was mailed UPS 2 day air (after I told them to send it USPS). It took 12 days to get to me.

Fed Ex and UPS have horrible Alaska markups.

USPS priority is remarkably fast up here. Regular first class is impressive too.

Bulk rate/second/third class USPS (I.e., the free shipping from Bass Pro) seems to take about a month (I think it goes by boat and makes a stop at Hawaii or China first).

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post
    Fed Ex and UPS have horrible Alaska markups.

USPS priority is remarkably fast up here. Regular first class is impressive too.

Bulk rate/second/third class USPS (I.e., the free shipping from Bass Pro) seems to take about a month (I think it goes by boat and makes a stop at Hawaii or China first).
    It's that Washington stop. Bell something.

speaking of bass pro shop, have you tried their bush ordering? Or do they have it? Instead of online.

I haven't ordered anything from Bass Pro since they took a month to get me a letter-sized package with a set of scope rings.

I had gift cards. Ordered the rings from BP and scope from Cabelas at same time. Both ha free shipping. Cabelas scope showed up within the week.

That was probably 4+ years ago, things have hopefully changed.

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post
    I haven't ordered anything from Bass Pro since they took a month to get me a letter-sized package with a set of scope rings.

I had gift cards. Ordered the rings from BP and scope from Cabelas at same time. Both ha free shipping. Cabelas scope showed up within the week.

That was probably 4+ years ago, things have hopefully changed.
    As of last year that is still case. I ordered a bilge pump and some rubber boots. Took a month.