Thread: Heavy Duty C-206 nose fork vs Air Glas nose fork in weight???

Default Heavy Duty C-206 nose fork vs Air Glas nose fork in weight???

Does anyone know the approx difference in weight between the heavy duty Cessna nose fork that can take a 700x6 tire compared to the Air Glas large fork that can take an 850 tire ??????
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Default Heavy Duty C-206 nose fork vs Air Glas nose fork in weight???

Greg says it's insignificant.... Especially on the beach

Ounces maybe
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't know...but if I could get the 850 on the nose I would go for that option...
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

The Airglas fork approval includes approval for 850s on the mains. It is also a requirement for larger mains in case you ever want to go to Bushwheels. My old XP had 26" Goodyears on the mains with an 850 on an Airglas fork. Even with bigger mains the nose will sit high. Not a problem but a different view of ground ops. The tail will rest on the tail skid when you load cargo but it'll lift up when you start the engine and get air blowing over the tail.

I currently have the small standard size nose fork with a 500 nose wheel. ( shopping cart wheel.)

I just happen to have a set of fairly new 800s in my shop.

Recently I saw a visiting 172 that had the heavy duty Cessna fork with a 700 in it and a pair of 800s on the mains. The plane actually sat correctly and the tires did not have that extra drag look. Yet it was a vast improvement over the stock set-up.

From what I have read in the AirGlas STC, it requires that all three tires be the same size.

I think I have a lead on a Cessna heavy duty fork for about half the price of the AirGlas fork.
    Although, I have concerns that nobody in FISDO will sign off on a large Cessna fork field approval. So the AirGlas (Landis) super fork may be the only way to go legally...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Put the 850s on via Airglas STC. Then put bushwheels on mains via 337. Then have crazy fun.
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

The Bushwheel STC requires the Airglas nose fork and an 850. :-)

Put the fork on and let your mechanic put any other approved tires on that he wants. It's up to the mechanic to determine compatibility between approved mods.

This is a 172 we are talking about here? You don't want or need the Landes Fork on a 172. The Cessna HD fork is lighter.