Thread: Rifle Scopes

Default Rifle Scopes

I'm buying a Kimber model 8400 .270 in the very near future. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what scope I should go with? This will be the first scope I've purchased so I'm pretty green in that area

Thanks

Leupold VX-III 2.5 to 8.

Default Zeiss Conquest

If you've read any of the forum topics regarding riflescopes, then you probably already know that a Leupold of some power will be your number one responce. Personally I like my Zeiss Conquest over my Leupolds. The etched glass reticle stays clearer through the various power settings and the clarity is excellent. 3x9x40 Conquest is would be my choice.

If you're going to spend that kind of money on a really nice Rifle, don't skimp on the most important part... the optics (I Myself was between the Kimber 8400 .270 or the Winchester Model 70 Super Grade .270 WSM) I went with the Winchester and put a Leupold VX-III 3.5X10X40 with the B&C Recticle. Great, flat shooting round and a very clear and stable scope... you wont be disappointed with that combo...

The scopes I have and recommend (keep in mind there are a lot of other good scopes, but I have no experience with them, so can't say one way or the other) are:

Leupold Vari-XII and Vari-X III --I had one VX2 for a day---it was JUNK; certainly not typical Leupold quality, but it made me shy away from the new VX series of scopes and stick with the old Vari-X; if you can find one.
    Burris Fullfield 2 (made in USA--I haven't used any of their Filipino scopes)
    Sightron S2
    Kahles American Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    Leupold VX-III 2.5 to 8.
    That's what I have on my Kimber. It fits the gun well and works great. Bottom line though is to go look at and through some scopes. Have them lay a Kimber Montana on the counter and lay the scopes next to it. You can get an idea of whether or not it's overkill.

Also, whatever scope you go with DEFINEATLY go with the Talley Lightweight rings/bases.

Here are a few pics of my Kimber with the VXIII 2.5-8x36 with Kimber bases/Leupold rings and then after installing the Talleys.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...=kimber+talley

Default Leupold

Another vote for the VXIII 2.5-8. I also like the B&C reticle on them.

Default B&C recticle is sweet

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    Another vote for the VXIII 2.5-8. I also like the B&C reticle on them.
    Here's another vote for the VX III with the B&C reticle. Mine's a 3.5 to 10. I thought it was a little pricey until I looked through it at my first mountain blackie last week. Now I have a six and a half footer for the wall!

Thumbs up Lepupold 2.5x8

Leupold 2.5x8 Matte
    Alaska

Zeiss 3x9 conquest.