Thread: Bunny boot sizing?

Question Bunny boot sizing?

I wear a standard medium width size 9 shoe. Looking into getting a pair of good white military bunny boots. What size would I buy to wear with standard wool hunting socks? Also, what are good web sites to get them from? Thanks!

Bunny boots should be sloppy, not form fitting, to be nice and toasty. I wear a standard medium size ten, and the best fit for warmth I found was a size ten wide. I've been wearing bunny boots for 25 years now and can tell you there is a difference between the old school white ones, the black ones, and the new white ones that are pieces of crap. If you can find the old design still in good shape snap those up! I'll wear mine till they dry rot off my feet.

Make sure the valves are closed, I was told long ago if moisture gets in there your boots can be ruined. There is a way to check if they are good by making sure they are a certain weight on a scale, but I don't remember what that number is, the ol' google machine can help you there. We used to get em from Blondies out in Anchorage, RIP, but there may be other vendors like that around now.
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Awesome information! Thanks!

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

You want to get a real pair of BATA bunny boots, the white ones, they are the original real bunny boot. BATA has not made them for over 20 years.

http://world.bata.com/news/2013/flas...nny-boots-bata

Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
    You want to get a real pair of BATA bunny boots, the white ones, they are the original real bunny boot. BATA has not made them for over 20 years.

http://world.bata.com/news/2013/flas...nny-boots-bata
    Awesome information! Thank you!

Batas for sure. Another tip is to get them large enough to put a felt insole in the bottom. IMO, that makes them a lot more comfortable and warmer too.

ive worn bunny boots for a long time. I will say this, if you think you might get into overflow or wet feet, they are #1, but otherwise there are now lighter boots that are just as warm on the market.

I wear a size 12 in most boots (rocky, keen, zamberlan, kenetrek). However, in the "bunny boots" I wear a 10.

There's been some folks from Delta posting to the Fairbanks Craigslist that they've got Batas for sale. Ditto what dkwarthog said - unbeatable if you're going to get wet but maybe not the best choice otherwise.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

I wear a size 10 boot but use a size 8 in my white 1983 Bantas.

Great info! Thanks!

The second hand store called the "Second Chance" on Spenard road typically has a good supply of the good Bata bunny boots of all sizes ranging in condition from totally hammered to pristine. The prices are reasonable and he's not above a little price haggling.

Quote Originally Posted by ckreitel View Post
    The second hand store called the "Second Chance" on Spenard road typically has a good supply of the good Bata bunny boots of all sizes ranging in condition from totally hammered to pristine. The prices are reasonable and he's not above a little price haggling.
    Cool! A bit of a drive from Ohio at this point but I will remember it for the future!

Try e-bay. When the kids were changing shoe size about every other month I was able to up size them as they went. Lots of difference in conditon so buyer beware.