Thread: Beavertail Final Attack layout boat?

Default Beavertail Final Attack layout boat?

Does anyone have any experience with this boat/blind setup? I'm thinking if I threw a 35hp trolling motor on it, it'd work for RS, Maud Rd areas.

I've played around with one a few times. Having never seen the conditions at Rabbit Slough or Maud myself, I can't say whether it would work there or not, but I have a few comments:

It was stable in shallow water, but I wouldn't try to use it in deeper water. If you fell out of it, or it flipped, you'd be totally hosed in water more than chest deep. It also didn't have the space I had expected given the descriptions and the reviews (not enough for me and my dog). It was somewhat of a tank to paddle, as it plows water rather than planing or parting the water. A trolling motor would work, but it will be slow and eat your battery down in no time. If you have a little gas kicker, that might be even more dicey having lots of weight in the back.

Hopefully some other people have other experience, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get one of these given my experience with them. I think you would be better off with a layout with a tub for very shallow water, or a canoe in deeper water.

I would not got down stream with an electric motor

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Quote Originally Posted by a2thak View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with this boat/blind setup? I'm thinking if I threw a 35hp trolling motor on it, it'd work for RS, Maud Rd areas.
    Who makes 35HP trolling motors?? I'd think you'd need a half dozen 12 volt batteries to get anywhere and BACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMike View Post
    Who makes 35HP trolling motors?? I'd think you'd need a half dozen 12 volt batteries to get anywhere and BACK!!
    I'm guessing he ment one with 35# of thrust.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"