Thread: Rogue charters in Seward? Experiences good and bad?

Default Rogue charters in Seward? Experiences good and bad?

Going out with rogue sep. 7th for a combo charter. Anyone have experience with them?

Release Lake Trout

I booked with Randy Wells 2 years ago. Or I should say booked through him because he stuck us on another boat with an inexperienced captain. It was a very bad experience for multiple reasons. I learned a valuable lesson. Make sure you book the captain and boat you want. If you are going on the Rogue with Randy you should be fine. He is a consistently good producer from what I've seen at the docks. If not, start asking more questions about who is taking you fishing.

Randy is a good guy and a good fisherman. You will have a great day.

I had a similar experience with Randy. I called and spoke with him to book a trip, he sounded really enthusiastic and like he'd be fun to fish with. I didn't realize until a week before coming to Alaska when they called to cancel, that he acted as a booking agent, and the boat he had me on was pulling out early. Wound up finding a better boat on my own, they had me on the biggest POS in the harbor. I think he should be a little more upfront about his booking practices. I like to select the captain and boat that will get my money!

If you are fishing with Randy in the Rogue, you will catch fish and have a great time.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"