Thread: GMU Subunit bondary clarificarion

Default GMU Subunit bondary clarificarion

I need some help clarifying some boundary definitions in the regs. Regarding GMU 20B and Minto Flats Management Are vs Minto State Game Refuge. Page 104 of the regs states "within Minto Flats Management Area" and then lists season dates and legal animal requirements etc etc. Page 105 states "remainder 20B" and then lists season dates and legal animal requirements etc etc. SO...Is Minto State Game Refuge part of Minto Flats management Area, or is it part of "remainder 20B." And yes, it's a little late in the season for me to be having this type of question.

Contact Becky at rebecca.strauch@alaska.gov I think she can help you at FnG

Page 97 is the map of unit 20. It includes shaded areas denoting the MFMA and the refuge. Page 98 gives a written description of each including boundaries. A little more reading on your part should answer your questions.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Page 97 is the map of unit 20. It includes shaded areas denoting the MFMA and the refuge. Page 98 gives a written description of each including boundaries. A little more reading on your part should answer your questions.
    I read those, and my own interpretation is that they are separate areas, which makes Minto State Game Refuge part of "remainder 20B." But with the big discussion about "game violations," I went back into reading th regs and came up with this question. Thought I would just get another viewpoint.

Portions of the refuge are included in the MFMA. I think the boundaries of the refuge only matter if you are thinking about ORV access. Try this, it should show the boundaries of the MFMA pretty well.....

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/hu.../hmb20b_mf.pdf

The maps available online through the ADF&G website are fairly helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi View Post
    Portions of the refuge are included in the MFMA. I think the boundaries of the refuge only matter if you are thinking about ORV access. Try this, it should show the boundaries of the MFMA pretty well.....

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/hu.../hmb20b_mf.pdf

The maps available online through the ADF&G website are fairly helpful.
    My big concern are season dates and legal animal. The "any bull" season in the Management Area was this past week. The coming season on the management Area is your more typical 50" or 3 brown tine. In "remainder 20B" (does that include the State Game Refuge?) It's "any bull" during the smae time period as the 50" bull in the Management Area. So, I need to know where I'm standing before I shoot. That is, IF they are considered different areas; I think they are.

Let me try this one more time......portions of the refuge are included in the MFMA and portions are outside of the MFMA.

I already linked the map for MFMA. Here is a map for the refuge.....

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/hu...toflatssgr.pdf

Notice that if you compare the maps, portions of the refuge are outside of the MFMA. My understanding is those would be considered as "remainder 20B". But don't take my word for it. Call the folks at ADF&G in Fairbanks, they've always been helpful and knowledgeable whenever I've had a questions or needed clarification. Even better is to stop in if you can and look at the maps and the regs with them.

Yup. Now I see it. They overlap. A lot. There is only a small portion, in the south, where they are different.