Thread: Local Info Nenana/Tanana River/Parks Hwy

Default Local Info Nenana/Tanana River/Parks Hwy

Hey you guys. I'm thinking of going up on the Tanana River next week, up and down stream of Nenana. Is there a safe place in Nenana where I can park my truck and trailer and it still be there and in one piece when I return? Say 3-4 days/nights.

I stayed at the RV park there in town. I had an RV, but they launched our boat and picked us up with a little extra. Very nice people. I would just go to them and explain your situation. They might let you park there for a camping fee. Might also be full due to moose season you can look them up in google maps. just scroll into nenana and type in camping. they are only three to four blocks from the ice classic area. easy walk if you launch your boat and have your buddies pick you up there. good luck

I usually leave my truck and trailer in the parking lot at the boat launch. Its a public facility with an outhouse etc. I have yet to have any real problems with break in or vandalism. I have a friend that had some lightforce lights removed from his truck, but that's about all I've heard. It's a pretty busy place this time of year.

Thanks you guys. Where is this public boat launch and the RV par? Ive only been to Nenana a few times, and i was just driving through.

Default boat launch

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    Thanks you guys. Where is this public boat launch and the RV par? Ive only been to Nenana a few times, and i was just driving through.

Boat launch is at the end of 10th St just south of town.

You will have to google the RV park, I don't know the streets

I've used the public lot for several years and haven't had any issues leaving my rig. There's even a guy who patrols the lot.