Thread: JBER Qualification

Smile JBER Qualification

Completed my shooting portion on Saturday. I was third around the first morning and it took longer to fill in the paperwork than the shoot itself. Very straight forward, life size targets, no crazy shots, friendly folks taking you around and grading your skills. I spent 10-15 minutes talking to others, but I was only there about 45 minutes. Guys coming behind me had a pretty long line though. Now I just have the classroom portion, but that will be later as I drew a winter hunt...
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

I did my shoot on Sunday, piece of cake. Life size 3d targets with life size kill zones between 15-25yds most could do that qual blindfolded. It was a big plus with friendly people and wardens. Looking forward to the hunt, mine starts next week.

Nice Roger! Do you have the Elmo or Ft Rich tag? My wife and I have both had the Elmo Archery tag. Great hunt!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'N'Photos View Post
    Nice Roger! Do you have the Elmo or Ft Rich tag? My wife and I have both had the Elmo Archery tag. Great hunt!
    JBER combo I think, but I won't know for sure until I do the classroom part. I have been told they really divide the bases up and restrict where you go and I have not found any way to do any sort of pre check out.

While I was there I was asked if I drew the handicap tag which got me to thinking...I am a retired State employee, does that qualify me ;-)
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

What is the tag number you drew?
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Although you can argue that all state employees are handicapped in some way, they were referring to the Disabled Veteran hunts. (I'm both). I also qualified on Sunday, didn't take long at6 all and even got to meet Tony. I've go the winter hunt also.