Thread: Decoy weights

Default Decoy weights

I can make lead weights for your decoys if anybody is in need of some. I can pour 2,3,4,5,6 oz & 16 oz "blank sinkers".
    Give me a shout if you are interested. There will be a small fee, but way cheaper than buying any kind of fishing or decoy weight from the stores.

Price ranges for weights? I'm gonna set up a jerk line and probably need some extra wweighs definitely interested

What size are you looking for your jerk string? I would assume with a jerk line you want heavy. The heaviest I can make is 1 lb. I can probably do something heavier, it just wouldn't come from a mold. I would find something to pour it into.

I have a bunch of these pour, I just need to sit down and pull off extra lead.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by FarouT18 View Post
    What size are you looking for your jerk string? I would assume with a jerk line you want heavy. The heaviest I can make is 1 lb. I can probably do something heavier, it just wouldn't come from a mold. I would find something to pour it into.

I have a bunch of these pour, I just need to sit down and pull off extra lead.
    Man those sure do have a lot of flashing. Check your mold faces for a bit of lead stuck somewhere.
    Your mold definetly has issues that need fixing. It looks like an old reading mold or maybe a Penn sports mold?
    I make all my own decoy weights but the only ones that I use bank sinkers on are my deeks rubber decoys.
    I bought the J weight mold and I really like it. I make my own stretchy cords with hog rings and black Bungee cord.
    I tried the texas rig with egg sinkers and didn't care for it.
    I am guessing the best way to use these bank sinkers is a variation of the Texas rig?
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Nothing wrong with mold. It's good, clean lead. No slag or other metals in it. I bought lead bricks, I didn't melt down tire weights that give it that sure grey color.

I am am going to buy more molds and making more lead weights and jigs. The stores sell lead for ridicious prices. I want to make it easier for the average guy who hunts and fishes easier to get geared up.

I have used a variation of the Texas rig with the blank sinkers, but I find that just tying my decoy line with a snap at the end is the easiest for me. I just take the weights off. It also makes it nice because sometimes I need to use more weight in moving water or high wind areas.

I have a bunch of cannon ball sinkers that can be easily melted down if anybody interested in buying some. Bud 240 4090
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    I have a bunch of cannon ball sinkers that can be easily melted down if anybody interested in buying some. Bud 240 4090
    If you need decoy weights I do lead trades for finished sinkers.
    J weights,egg sinkers for Texas rigs,strap weights,bank sinkers,or even surfcast sinkers of various designs.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"