Thread: 2007 Kenai sockeye run

Default 2007 Kenai sockeye run

Does anyone know the ADFG forecast for the Kenai sockeye run this year? Have the walkways been repaired that were damaged by the ice this winter? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yamwrench View Post
    Does anyone know the ADFG forecast for the Kenai sockeye run this year?
    Yes try this link....

http://www.cf.adfg.state.ak.us/genin...n_run_forecast

Have the walkways been repaired that were damaged by the ice this winter? Thanks
    No, far from it. Some have been, but full repairs will be years in the making.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Default Walkway repairs

As a matter of fact, the area from the bridge to Centennial was the area the received the most damage in the lower river. The walkways at centennial have not been replaired, but really not necessary (not riparian zone, good gravel access). Areas below Sunken Island received virtually no damage.

I have not been to the middle river yet to look at that... very soon....

I am expecting that most of the normal bank fishing holes will be available for sockeye fishing this year.

The forcast, in short, is a bit higher than last year, but certainly won't be a bumper crop. The Kasilof, on the other hand is expecting another HUGE return of sockeye this year.

Default Soldotna Airport Access

I believe the Kenai access by the Soldotna Airport is closed to bank fishing (along with other areas) due to the ice damage to the walkways.

Tim