Thread: Meat transportation from the field

Default Meat transportation from the field

Considering doing a hunt. It will be by boat on the way home we will go through a village and have an opportunity to either ship some meat home from said village or gift it to a resident of said village. The reason for not taking it all out with us would be to get the meat out of the heat quicker. That being said the antlers of the harvested animals would likely remain in the boat with us. Say we get stopped by troopers, what documents from the airline do we need to have to prove we didn't leave the meat in the field? What do we need from the village resident recipient of any gifted meat to prove the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by sambuck12 View Post
    Considering doing a hunt. It will be by boat on the way home we will go through a village and have an opportunity to either ship some meat home from said village or gift it to a resident of said village. The reason for not taking it all out with us would be to get the meat out of the heat quicker. That being said the antlers of the harvested animals would likely remain in the boat with us. Say we get stopped by troopers, what documents from the airline do we need to have to prove we didn't leave the meat in the field? What do we need from the village resident recipient of any gifted meat to prove the same thing?

All your questions are covered in the regulations and I would suggest you at least read through them. There is a transfer of possession form in the back of the regulations and is also downloadable. You need a copy for you and whoever you transfer meat to. Make several copies, as you will need forms for each piece you give away.

While free meat is eagerly accepted, nobody wants meat unfit to eat.

So you donate both rear quarters, you should have the rest of the meat and a transfer form for each quarter if given to 2 different people.

Some air cargo companies fly meat out, but only do so on certain days. Make sure you know the schedule, so your meat does not sit waiting. Many village schools accept donate meat.

Be informed and a good hunter.

Stay Safe

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/