Thread: Paxson Lake Launch

Default Paxson Lake Launch

The family is planning a trip over there and I know there is a boat launch at the BLM Campground. Is it a good enough to launch a 22 foot boat with no worries? Also, any tips for fishing it?

Eagle River AK

Shouldn't be an issue. 22' - what type? River boat, ocean? I launched my 24' Sea Ark with no issues. If prop, you can't fish to much at the outlet. Troll for lakers most likely deeper waters, and grayling.

When living down there for the summer, I had best luck trolling from 60' to 20' zig-zag style. Small diving green wiggle wart had the best luck, but spoons, cranks, etc all work. Make sure your hook is legal. Attachment 80399

A few years ago the concrete ramp was in good shape, but I seem to remember that I backed down off of the end of the concrete and had a little problem getting the trailer back up. Probably my fault, but be careful.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I will check out the special rules for fishing as we want to chase lakers. My boat is a C-Dory 22 and it is very easy to launch and retrieve so that ramp will probably work. A good friend said it would be no problem, and he's pretty conservative in things so it's probably fine. Again, thanks and any other pointers would be appreciated.

Just to clarify, it looks like you can use just about anything you want as long as you use a single hook without any bait - which means you probably get skunked.....LOL.....

Anchorage and Seward

Take a shotgun with you instead. I used to work for the BLM and when we built the campground back in the '70's, there was a guy from Fairbanks filling up a chest freezer with ducks when I was there in the fall checking on the construction. He had them stacked in there like cord wood with a little genny keeping them frozen. Nothing like a little diversion if the fish aren't biting.