Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 40 Mile ATV Trails

  1. #1
    Member ak_cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,196

    Default 40 Mile ATV Trails

    My wife and I are heading up north for the 40 mile Caribou Hunt and was looking at the Ladue CUA south of Chicken. Any tips or tricks about the trails there. Feel free to PM if you don't want to share the info.

  2. #2
    Member ak_cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Nobody hunts south of Chicken??

  3. #3

    Default

    Its not that nobody hunts south of chicken but 99% hunt North of chicken. The other 1% probably have never heard of the internet, nor have the desire to share their spot. I spoke with a couple miner buddies and they reported seeing 1 caribou two days ago, when they normally see hundreds. Theres no telling where they will be this year. I do share your frustration as that hunt is difficult to scout new trails. I plan on being very mobile this year. I hope they don't shut it down in two days like last year.

  4. #4
    Member ak_cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    I know that the Chicken ridge area gets hammered by people, my main reason for heading someplace else. Guess I'll plan on an educational camping trip this year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •