Thread: Good paster river

Default Good paster river

So I posted a question about this river earlier. As of now its my number one pick for moose hunt this September. Ill only have from 10-22 to hunt this year. Hunting partner has from the 10-17 (if he can make it), so I was thinking the goodpaster due to 1-15 season gives us five days or so of good hunting time, whihc is less than I would prefer. My question is how far up this river can I go with a 18" Valco 115 HP Jet none tunnel?

Looking at maps cabins sit a fair ways up. Will I beable to clear these?

Any other information anyone is willing to help a new boater with could also be extremely helpful. Im realy indesisive this year. Im mostly intersted in a boat hunt. With my limited knowledge I have pinned this to the 20A tananna flats clear creek area(did this last year and seen moose but none legal). Minto flats, Salcha, or good paster (which as of now is my first pick for no good reason I guess, maybe just the experience).

Am I on the right track or am I way off on my options?

Any ways moslty looking for information on the good paster, but if you got some other insight feel free to chime in.

If anyone is intersted or in need of a hunting partner, afraid mine might bail do to work conflct, so looking for someone dependable to plan and conduct a boat hunt with.

Never been up the Good paster river, but from the looks of the parking lot at the Tanana river in September I would say it's a busy place.

Quote Originally Posted by TS View Post
    Never been up the Good paster river, but from the looks of the parking lot at the Tanana river in September I would say it's a busy place.
    Ya I have noticed there isn't much that isn't busy her around come hunting season. I guess it doesn't bother me though because I still on my lower 48 standard of busy and nothing in the interior compares to the crap you deal with down there.

Quote Originally Posted by TS View Post
    Looking at he harvest data aside from draws doesn't seem to matter where you go harvest success rates that I have seen anywhere for general season stay around 20-30 percent in the interior.

Sent you a PM.