Thread: my new whitetail maybe caribou and sometime varmit gun

Default my new whitetail maybe caribou and sometime varmit gun

Got me new gun on a trip to my wife's hometown in Idaho I wanted something from where she was born . I also wanted something that was a single shot that I could use for whitetails on some land I bought in Missouri. So here it is a Ruger no1 RSI in 257 Roberts . I think it may also go to Adak for caribou. Mounted a leupold 4.5 x 14 scope.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good score! One of my 2 or 3 favorite calibers in one of my favorite guns, too. I have one in 7x57, and it's been a stellar performer for about 30 years. The forend split on mine in the first year, and when I shopped it off to Ruger for replacement I decided to ask them to replace it with the Alexander Henry forend. No regrets, but I like the original too.

One mod I made to mine you want to consider. As it is, empties tend to hang on the front of the tang safety. Dunno if that's intentional or not, but I didn't like it.

Drop the stock, disengage the bar that connects to the safety slide and pull it out. Shorten and round the front spur, touch-up blue and re-assemble. "Problem" solved in under half an hour.