Thread: Meat Processors

Default Meat Processors

Not having the means, time, OR equipment to make my own burger, sausage, and jerky who do you recommend for a meat processor? I'm out of Palmer and am not real interested to spend a day driving; it'd be nice if there was a processor that would insure you got your own meat back but I know those are far and few between.

Ready, set, go......

Pioneer Meats out at Meadow Lakes. Top notch and they put out a good product. They guarantee you get your meat back.

Quote Originally Posted by mart View Post
    Pioneer Meats out at Meadow Lakes. Top notch and they put out a good product. They guarantee you get your meat back.
    +1 - Used Pioneer a number of times in the past...excellent service, top notch product! I specifically like that you get your own meat back! I work too hard to keep my meat clean to have it mixed with 'hillbilly Bob's' hairy, stinky, dirty meat. LOL

That said, I process my own now, cause I like the satisfaction of doing everything from harvesting the animal, to putting it in the freezer (or cans)
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Never had any problems with Indian Valley, and they are very reasonable with their pricing. I've had them process Moose, Caribou, Bison and lots of salmon.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliW View Post
    +1 - Used Pioneer a number of times in the past...excellent service, top notch product! I specifically like that you get your own meat back! I work too hard to keep my meat clean to have it mixed with 'hillbilly Bob's' hairy, stinky, dirty meat. LOL

That said, I process my own now, cause I like the satisfaction of doing everything from harvesting the animal, to putting it in the freezer (or cans)
    i would if I could but will in the future. Thanks for the replies thus far!

Mike's Meats in Eagle River does a real fine job. Their sage sausage is to die for. You get back all your own meat.

I like Indian Valley too, but it's not convenient from Palmer, i suppose.

I don't think processors separate 10-20 lbs of meat per customer when they're doing sausage, game bacon, etc.. in huge batches. I think you get your steak & burger back, but not sausage.

Tim

I took the critters home and cut the steaks, roasts, stew meat, and all the good stuff at my house. I then cut all meat off the bones and clean it for better weight. Then I take it to mikes meats in eagle river to make my breakfast sausage/pep sticks/summer sausage. Very good flavor and not to bad for price. the only problem I have is the 20lb meat minimum per special order. So you need 20 lbs sausage/20lbs pep sticks(which is a lot)/20 lbs summer sausage. I use the summer sausage for all relative christmas gifts. haha good luck

Pioneer meats! The country bratwurst is excellent.

Sent when I should be doing my chores.

Lisa at Pioneer does good work. She won't process your meat on the bone anymore. She will take what you cut off and up and do a super job. I had hot polish, breakfast and Italian sausage and it was all killer. I had her make it spicy/not hot so the kiddies would eat it too. Delishish!!!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Glenn's Wild Game in Muldoon. Nothing better.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Default Meat Processors

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    ...She won't process your meat on the bone anymore.....
    I just dropped off 4 quarters on the bone to her..
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Glenn's Wild Game in Muldoon. Nothing better.
    Except he sends any cooked meat like summer sausage or sticks out to Indian Valley. Never again will I use Glenn for this. What I got back was not edible. Glenn's bacon burger, chorizo and breakfast sausage are awesome. His turn around on caribou is great, practically next day service if he does not have too many moose to deal with.

True. That's what I don't like about Indian Valley. However. Glenn does his best to ensure you get YOUR meat back from Indian valley. But Indian valley doesn't play well
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Pioneer did ours last year and it was top notch in every aspect. I'm pretty picky, too...lol.

Plus one for Lisa at Pioneer Meats. They have a new menu this year and for breakfast this morning I will be trying the caribou chorizo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jktimm View Post
    Plus one for Lisa at Pioneer Meats. They have a new menu this year and for breakfast this morning I will be trying the caribou chorizo.
    Delta meat and sausage is good. I have had several animals processed there and never a bad one. It's not cheap though.