Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal!! 10 days left

Default Whats the deal!! 10 days left

Man..talking about some lame and boring Alaskan dead duck hunters...

Nobodys talking ducks, dogs or decoys??

Ill start...i'm stoked, pumped, and Skeeter is pissed off that its still 10 more days. I dont care if their all brown, blue or red.. I want to smell that marsh, hear the sounds, watch the sun come up, see Skeeter start shaking and smell that powder!!

Anyone else feeling the pain..

H
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Well I just got my very first duck call in the mail this morning and I am driving the other guy in the office nuts trying to figure it out. I'm pretty excited and I am sure my dog would be too if she knew better. She has a ton of fetching instinct but no duck training and I haven't been very good or consistent with her on fetching but I'm sure she will still have a lot of fun out there with me. I cant wait to give it a shot.

Dont miss out on our AWA Coffee mug give away contest for the next 10 days. On Day 5 we will have an awesome gift from one of our local sponsors here in AK. Outside of the Floating gun case, AWA Hat and Waterbottle...it will be a nice addition to the boat or blind.

All the news is on our facebook page.
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

My son and I are getting the ebad ready can't wait to head out smell burnt powder and see the look in my boys eyes when he gets his first duck on the fly. Going to be a great year hunting with my son and friends that's what's all about

I'm stoked. Been working on the boat all summer. Had pods welded on. Painted. Added lights/winch. Brushed out the blind. Only a matter of time, now. Here's the progress: http://i.imgur.com/aTVVigc.jpg

Mentally ready but gotta get my blind straight...Really looking forward to putting the dog to work now that he is a little older.

I'm freaking out man. Gotta do just a bit more work on the blind

MOJOs on chargers, decoys spread all over my living room, dog is pumped. Wife is pissed. Duck season is near!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by FarouT18 View Post
    MOJOs on chargers, decoys spread all over my living room, dog is pumped. Wife is pissed. Duck season is near!
    Where can I get that sign I gotta have one lol. Just finished wiring the ebad front light lights for both shelves battery level indicator and lighter outlet now it's time to camo it
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Had a good head start on the season but quickly fell behind due to other responsibilities. I still need to get deeks ready and haul up material for the new blind. I have time allotted for this this week though so I hope to be ready to go by the time I head back to work that way I can hit it hard as soon as I get home.

Just put the flip blind on the second boat.. Looking pretty good. Need to hook up a few more dozen decoys I just got in and will be good to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok I'll add. I finally upgraded from my old, relatively trusty Remington 870 to a Benelli SBE II. I finally grew tired of the jams and forgotten cycles (all my fault probably). After several hundred ducks and numerous upland birds the 870 is being retired into loaner gun status. Lol

i'm also contemplating finally buying a spinning wing devil. I came from the area where these were invented and eventually restricted. I know they work but have held out so far. But....like the dry fly only purist who is envious of the the kid down river hooking hungry rainbow after another on worms and a bobber, I think I might finally give in.

I just found my blind bag. Probably pull out 8 or so dekes and call it good!

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    Ok I'll add. I finally upgraded from my old, relatively trusty Remington 870 to a Benelli SBE II. I finally grew tired of the jams and forgotten cycles (all my fault probably). After several hundred ducks and numerous upland birds the 870 is being retired into loaner gun status. Lol

i'm also contemplating finally buying a spinning wing devil. I came from the area where these were invented and eventually restricted. I know they work but have held out so far. But....like the dry fly only purist who is envious of the the kid down river hooking hungry rainbow after another on worms and a bobber, I think I might finally give in.
    I finally got one, actually won the thing at an event, so my mind was made up for me, I enjoy the robo deek. Just take it out when your feeling fancy.

Nice looking job. Are they beavertail pods? What size are they?

Did you make that paracord.project duck holder that is awesome man

Quote Originally Posted by tons0fun View Post
    Did you make that paracord.project duck holder that is awesome man
    hey i just made one of those last night came out pretty well.

I know ur talking about my fistfuls of brown birds!!

Just found out I don't have to work. It's been along since I have had the opportunity to hunt opening day. My one leg keeps shaking just like my dogs. Can't wait.

After over a decade of not hunting ducks, I will be going out tomorrow with a good friend. Getting pretty excited as I've missed it terribly.

But I've never shot steel at a duck so wish me luck.......lol

Question...... I take it shooting time on the Kenai is the same as Anchorage?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast