Thread: Ds132

Default Ds132

Was fortunate to draw this tag and as the time draws closer I can barely contain my excitement! Was curious if there was anyone else on here that drew this tag as well or if anyone that has had it in the past would be willing to give any last minute pointers before heading out. Not looking for anyone's honey hole - Just looking for tips as this will be my first dall sheep hunting experience.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Track1202 View Post
    Was fortunate to draw this tag and as the time draws closer I can barely contain my excitement! Was curious if there was anyone else on here that drew this tag as well or if anyone that has had it in the past would be willing to give any last minute pointers before heading out. Not looking for anyone's honey hole - Just looking for tips as this will be my first dall sheep hunting experience.

Thanks!
    It's a great area. Be prepared to hike a long ways but the rewards can be tremendous..

My buddy just sealed a 41" ram today he got in there 2 days ago. I know of at least one other one of similar size that came out just before his. He was in there for four days. Beautiful animal. Have not heard any details of the hunt though.

I had DS131 last year. There's sheep in there but they're in there D...E...E...P. Many times they will be looking at you from an area you cannot reach. I didn't take one, since I would be unable to reach the body if I shot it. Everything back there is big... mtns., sheep, rivers, and the walks. Good luck.

Hey track I also drew 132 shoot me a PM if you want to talk and make sure we arent on top of each other or maybe get a game plan together this is also my first sheep hunt

lilprofessor911 - I am unable to PM you (Assuming its because of post count). I'll post on your wall instead

I had DS132 a few years back. You're the last groups of hunters into the unit so most of these sheep have seen some type of pressure since Aug.10. My experience was that most of the sheep were pushed way up to the tops of the mountains and in very inaccessible areas. Getting above them most likely won't be an option. Plan on having to be patient and sit on a ram for 1,2,3 days until he comes down to a spot you can actually make a stalk.