Thread: Bombshelter clone tents

Chugiak, Alaska

Default Bombshelter clone tents

I saw this on CL today:

and tried to do a little research online as to who made them. There's nothing online based on the "Alaskan Outfitter Series" label. Seller gave me some info and I searched the model number and came up with some web page that does imports from China. A search on the customer service phone number brings up 6th Ave Outfitters. I conclude that this tent was manufactured to spec for them.

Anyone out there have any experience with this tent?

My googling also led me to a Browning tent that I had not heard of before now:

This is a Sportsmans Warehouse exclusive. I'm curious if anyone has experience with this tent as well.

That is a copy of the original Eureka Bombshelter tent. They make them now for Cabelas, which is what I believe is in the ad or very close to it, like the tundra extreme. Probably exact same tent- may be different material thickness would be all. Cabellas had them for 650 when they opened, originally 1000 dollar tent. Also I have the original eureka tent, stands up in a hurricane and has lots of room for two cots and lots of vestibule storage, it does take up a lot of room and because it is so tall it doesn't hold heat well, but other than that it's the BOMB...shelter.

Los Anchorage

Think 6th ave outfitters had the outfitters tent, had one awhile back, seemed to have a lot of condisation in it, have the Browning Glacier Extreme and really like this one