Thread: Dc 483

Default Dc 483

Well the time has come for my caribou season and unfortunately the time I have available to fill this tag will be extremely limited. However I am giving it a go with what little weekend warrior time I have. Can't shoot them from sitting at home wishing for more time to hunt. I have received some information on where to start and if nothing else it will just be good to get out. If anyone has any pointers from past experiences with this draw I am always willing to listen and learn. I'll report back what I do/do not see lol. Happy hunting everybody! !
    Adam

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Was watching for replies- we're in the same boat! My son drew this tag. We will have no wheelers. Maybe all ya have to do is show up. haha. When you going?

483 coveres the non-motorized/walk in area on the west end. Go up to the summit and walk north, already some posts of animals taken in the area.

Clearwater Creek controlled use area is all non motorized but there is about half the hunt area that is not included in that where you can get a wheeler around correct?

Quote Originally Posted by armystrong13d View Post
    Clearwater Creek controlled use area is all non motorized but there is about half the hunt area that is not included in that where you can get a wheeler around correct?
    Yep, plenty of area where you can use a machine. Be careful if you're in the in the Tangle Lakes Archeological District (BLM land). You cannot take machines off of the designated trails in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilation View Post
    Was watching for replies- we're in the same boat! My son drew this tag. We will have no wheelers. Maybe all ya have to do is show up. haha. When you going?
    What part of the season are you going to hunt? Sept? Oct?

Tim

We are going up toward the end of next week. =) Kind of passing through, on our way to take our daughter on her first hunt (where she's shooter) also. Hoping all of that new hunter karma is with them!