Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Floating the Kenai

  1. #1
    Member wesak81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    243

    Default Floating the Kenai

    Anyone has a open seat and want a fishing partner let me know. I wanna fish. I will pay for whatever costs.


    Sent from my iPhone

  2. #2
    Member wesak81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Anyone has any offers?


    Sent from my iPhone

  3. #3

    Default

    I'd offer Wesak81, but I got my family coming along with me this weekend if I go. My boat will be full. Good luck finding a partner.

  4. #4
    Member wesak81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Anyone going soon with a open seat? I am addicted I wanna go.


    Sent from my iPhone

  5. #5
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    just an idea but you could take your boat and float from the bottom of skilak to bings. I am sure some one will give you a ride back or take a taxi.

  6. #6
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    just an idea but you could take your boat and float from the bottom of skilak to bings. I am sure some one will give you a ride back or take a taxi.
    Last weekend my friend's truck truck was parked at Bings, but he left his keys in my truck which was at Skilak. So, we had to take a taxi from Bings to Skilak. That was $45
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

  7. #7
    Member AlaskaHippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Fork
    Posts
    3,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    Last weekend my friend's truck truck was parked at Bings, but he left his keys in my truck which was at Skilak. So, we had to take a taxi from Bings to Skilak. That was $45
    Shuttle 101

    "Dude you have the keys?"

    -grin-
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

  8. #8
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Shuttle 101

    "Dude you have the keys?"

    -grin-
    I was hung over and on 4 hours of sleep. The thought never crossed my mind. Although, the keys AND his wallet were sitting on my dash all day in plain view. At first he thought he lost them and then he said, "I think they're on your dash." This was at 8:00, we didn't get back to camp until 10:00 pm
    LOOOONG DAY!
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

  9. #9
    Member AlaskaHippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Fork
    Posts
    3,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    I was hung over and on 4 hours of sleep. The thought never crossed my mind. Although, the keys AND his wallet were sitting on my dash all day in plain view. At first he thought he lost them and then he said, "I think they're on your dash." This was at 8:00, we didn't get back to camp until 10:00 pm
    LOOOONG DAY!
    Happened to me once as well, years ago. I reminded the buddy to grab his keys, we where using my raft/trailer. End of the trip we hauled out at Jims (launched at the Lake) and..."Crap my keys are in your rig!!"


    "I reminded you to grab em man..Looks like you're thumbing.."

    "Dude, I don't hitchhike.."

    So I thumbed back, got my rig and trailer, came back, loaded up....Pulled away and secured the load.

    "Hey, can I have my keys?"

    "Oh, yeah, they're under a rock, back at the lake"

    *CLICK*

    "Ummm, hey you just locked me out.."

    "Yep, guess you might need to reconsider your ban on hitching...."

    Needless to say it was the first and last time that "buddy" and I floated together....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

  10. #10
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    I was hung over and on 4 hours of sleep. The thought never crossed my mind. Although, the keys AND his wallet were sitting on my dash all day in plain view. At first he thought he lost them and then he said, "I think they're on your dash." This was at 8:00, we didn't get back to camp until 10:00 pm
    LOOOONG DAY!
    whatcha gonna do when you get to F' d up………….. sounds like the Hangover Alaska style.

  11. #11
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    whatcha gonna do when you get to F' d up………….. sounds like the Hangover Alaska style.
    Even with four hours of sleep and being hung over, I had my sh** dialed in. I didn't forget a single thing and I was the first person up in the morning making coffee and getting stuff ready. I've done this so long I can do it in my sleep. Now, having to hold someones else's hand and making sure they got their crap together when I'm on four hours of sleep is a different story.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

  12. #12
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    Even with four hours of sleep and being hung over, I had my sh** dialed in. I didn't forget a single thing and I was the first person up in the morning making coffee and getting stuff ready. I've done this so long I can do it in my sleep. Now, having to hold someones else's hand and making sure they got their crap together when I'm on four hours of sleep is a different story.
    Well I gotta hand it to you, I don't know if I could have done that……….but it wouldn't stop me from trying if there was bows involved!

  13. #13
    Member AKnook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Floated the upper last Sunday and had plans on calling Wildman's shuttle. Called them just before last chance island and was told that they didn't have anyone available to do the shuttle. I Just asked some fellow anglers if I could hitch a ride with them and had no problems. As soon as we were loading up the drift boat another angler asked us for a ride. Of course we passed on the good karma. Just an FYI that even though the shuttle was open prepare to ask someone for a ride back to your take in.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •