Thread: Looking for trucker who was backhauling meat and goods to lower48

Default Looking for trucker who was backhauling meat and goods to lower48

I can't remember his screen name I guess and search is not bringing nothing up. Thought his screen name had peterbuilt in it and some numbers. Thanks for any help

Where are you looking to get your good to?
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

alaskameatexpress.com
    Quality Taxidermy is not expensive it is PRICELESS

I need to get a bike, recumbent, from Indiana to anchorage sometime. Its a family heirloom and still functional, rode it tons as a kid, been away 19 years and grandpa can't ride no more. Shipping is ridiculous for it and no family member seems to want to break it down and build a crate. Frame i think is 5' long.

How about having someone drop it off at a bicycle shop and have them deal with the breaking down and shipping it properly. Just a thought...
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    How about having someone drop it off at a bicycle shop and have them deal with the breaking down and shipping it properly. Just a thought...
    A couple years ago, our oldest Son was home for a day or two and spotted his old Schwin 10 speed hanging on the wall of my garage and wanted it. We turned it over to the Bicycle shop in Wasilla and they boxed it and shipped it to Dallas. I do not recall the exact amount we paid but at the time I thought it was a reasonable price (and I'm known for my "Thriftiness")...

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post

Cause its the length, frame is over 5' w wheels off, maybe more, and that is where it gets ridiculous on price, was quoted $700 to get it to anchorage, with them building a box or crate for it.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Cause its the length, frame is over 5' w wheels off, maybe more, and that is where it gets ridiculous on price, was quoted $700 to get it to anchorage, with them building a box or crate for it.
    Honestly I hardly find that price 'rediculous'. Think about it; you're having someone crate your bike from halfway across the lower 48 and deliver it to south central Alaska. I can't even get a small skiff or fourwheeler sent up on the barge from seattle to SE AK for that little. I guess it's time for you to decide how much this bike is really worth to you. Maybe you should drive down and pick it up yourself?

Also- what does this have to do with 'Alaska Hunting'?

Quote Originally Posted by Anythingalaska View Post
    Also- what does this have to do with 'Alaska Hunting'?
    akrstabout is really just looking for a comfier ride into his non-motorized hunting hotspot, but was embarrassed to say so. His recent aging is really giving him fits with his current ride

Quote Originally Posted by shimano 33 View Post
    akrstabout is really just looking for a comfier ride into his non-motorized hunting hotspot, but was embarrassed to say so. His recent aging is really giving him fits with his current ride

Hahahahahaha, funny. I was looking for the guy who did meat runs. Thats what it had to do with hunting. I found the info through helpfull members. Mods please delete