Thread: Leaky cab over

Default Leaky cab over

So the girlfriend just got back from Valdez last week and her new to her 2006 C class motorhomes' Cab over has been leaking for quite some time apparently. I went over to AK performance rv and showed him a few pictures and the owner said it's very common on C class rvs and he would be happy to fix it for $8500.00 this winter!! Well, I thought that seems a bit steep so I thought I'd ask here if anyone has done a repair like this. I do believe there will need to be some new pieces of whatever material is used on the sides for motorhomes because of mold issues. All I can say is Karma is a bitc h to the guy she bought it from as I'm sure he knew of the issue. Thanks in advance for any advice or solutions
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

You have a "Girlfriend" is she BLIND................

Man, that's a real bummer. Sorry to hear that. We have some minor leaking issues in our cheap '89 truck camper, but my Class C is solid. Hope you can find a much cheaper option for repairing it.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    You have a "Girlfriend" is she BLIND................
    Well, she does have glasses but she sure can spot moose! I'll be using that to my advantage here in a couple weeks when we head out.
    Thanks tccak71. I hope I can find something or someone to help out on this one. I know she is really bummed out about this
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

A buddy of mine just went through this process with his RV. That's right there in the ball park of what he paid, he used a shop in the valley.
    In 2011, the United States military finally starts to enforce the no sodomy rule...

I think the quote Tim gave you is likely about as good as you will fine. They do do quality work there too.

Is this a job that could be tackled as a winter project with some help? Just not sure about material availability in AK. Are the pieces typically premade or come from a factory precut? Does insurance typically cover this type of damage? Like I stated earlier it's not mine so I'm not sure what her policy states and covers

That's about what I paid to have my travel trailer re-done. The absolute cheapest way to fix it is to lay rain and ice shield over the top of the roof, Bithane by GRACE. it will last longer than the trailer, absolutely rain proof. You just have to be careful how you lay it down as it's extreamly sticky stuff and anything it touches becomes permanently stuck to it. paying a roofer who uses the stuff daily would be your best bet. for less than 500 bucks including labor it would be done. The only downside is that the stuff is black and will attract heat to the top of the trailer, oh and resale of it will greatly diminish if the buyer sees it. But- if your going to hold on to it and don't care about resale and just want it fixed BITHANE rain and ice shield is good stuff.