Thread: Clark Wolverine Jeep Trail

Default Clark Wolverine Jeep Trail

Traveled the Clark Wolverine Jeep trail this weekend and it was a doosie in a few spots. I have a hunting permit for back there but didn't look like much hunting grounds along the way as the trail was nice but very high brush on either side of it and banks in some areas to the left and right. One muddy spot that took us a bit to get out of as well but it made for a good break. I went all the way back to the air strip that just appeared out of no where and seemed like for no reason. Nice fireweed fields back there and run down cabins. Went just past the runway to where the trail looked to cut right and go up hill. We turned around at the point and that is when we met a land owner. He wanted to sternly tell me to stay on the trail and he owned 450 acres back here and it isn't for me to use. I was OK with that and just shook my head and agreed. Funny thing was just behind him was a Ford Ranger coming down the tight trail. Not sure how it got back there but it had plates, not sure from when, but looked in good running condition. It will take some work if someone hunts back there, with all posted signs. Some areas do and some don't have signs but it looks like some rough trails that spur left and right from the main trail. Anyone been beyond the airstrip and up the hill?

Hi, sent you a pm

Go online and look up the private property lines and native land, then copy the GPS coordinates to a map and bring it with you. I've been back in that area before and there's a lot more public land than anyone would lead you to believe. It's just like anywhere up here where people with cabins think they own the entire area. It's also not uncommon for people to put private property signs well past there actual property lines either, so do your homework and have fun.

Thanks, jotting the GPS cords down will be a good idea. Phone service works up there also so I have my phone GPS on google maps to help match up with landmarks. I think I have a good game plan to go with.