Thread: Saturday's Poopy Marine Weather

Question Saturday's Poopy Marine Weather

There was a certain pucker factor in the air for the adventurous boaters in the Seward area Saturday. We heard that the AST found the 24' SeaRunner adrift Saturday outside Humpy Cove, but did anyone hear how the fella's adventure on the rocks in Paradise Cove turned out?
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

I did not hear, but it sounded like he was going to be ok .
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I fished between fox and hive Saturday, it was pretty wild getting the boat spun around completely by the wind several times. Made trolling tough, but we were catching fish
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Captain's Mistress, a 50 ft Mikelson motor sailer according to what I could find on the net and consistent with what I heard on the radio, got off the rocks OK with the help of the Dorothea 3, the 147 ft. yacht that was anchored up outside the harbor last week. It was an interesting bit of seamanship by both parties from what I heard as he was 10-15 feet off the rock with 300 ft. of 3/8" BBB chain out and his anchor hung. The Dorothea's fishing boat set out a 1+" plasma line back to the Captain's Mistress and took the pressure off the anchor chain so the Captains Mistress could cut it loose. Quite the bit of suspense until I heard the Captain's Mistress call back thanking the crew of the Dorothea with much relief in his voice.

The weather sure was crummy for derby week. I recorded over 7" of rain at my house in Seward and know it rained buckets harder out where we could get with the seas also pretty lousy due to high winds outside the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Witch View Post
    Captain's Mistress, a 50 ft Mikelson motor sailer according to what I could find on the net and consistent with what I heard on the radio, got off the rocks OK with the help of the Dorothea 3, the 147 ft. yacht that was anchored up outside the harbor last week. It was an interesting bit of seamanship by both parties from what I heard as he was 10-15 feet off the rock with 300 ft. of 3/8" BBB chain out and his anchor hung. The Dorothea's fishing boat set out a 1+" plasma line back to the Captain's Mistress and took the pressure off the anchor chain so the Captains Mistress could cut it loose. Quite the bit of suspense until I heard the Captain's Mistress call back thanking the crew of the Dorothea with much relief in his voice.

The weather sure was crummy for derby week. I recorded over 7" of rain at my house in Seward and know it rained buckets harder out where we could get with the seas also pretty lousy due to high winds outside the bay.
    Good News! Last we heard, the Capt's Mistress was turning down help from the Dorothea.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856