Thread: Fishing Kodiak

Default Fishing Kodiak

Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum, in this State, in this country and actualy in this continent...

Yes we are (me and my wife) traveling around the world with our Landcruiser (Here is our travel blog if ever you care: 2014 Il était une fois les Amériques) and planning to make it to Kodiak for a couple of weeks and try some fishing overthere.

We are curently in Homer and have done some fishing on the road from Chiken to Valdez, then Seward to Homer, we had some very good time catching Grallings, Trouts, Dolly Varden, Silvers, Pinks and Sockeye.

So I wonder if some one have any tips for Kodiak or if ever some one would like to share some times for talking about it or even better joint us for fishing 24th August till 5th September (could be more, don't know yet) ?

Of course as we'll be traveling around Alaska till the end of September if ever our roads cross it will be a pleasure to stop for catching fish or talking about it...

Thank you for your time, Ivan.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan1981 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum, in this State, in this country and actualy in this continent...

Yes we are (me and my wife) traveling around the world with our Landcruiser (Here is our travel blog if ever you care: 2014 Il était une fois les Amériques) and planning to make it to Kodiak for a couple of weeks and try some fishing overthere.

We are curently in Homer and have done some fishing on the road from Chiken to Valdez, then Seward to Homer, we had some very good time catching Grallings, Trouts, Dolly Varden, Silvers, Pinks and Sockeye.

So I wonder if some one have any tips for Kodiak or if ever some one would like to share some times for talking about it or even better joint us for fishing 24th August till 5th September (could be more, don't know yet) ?

Of course as we'll be traveling around Alaska till the end of September if ever our roads cross it will be a pleasure to stop for catching fish or talking about it...

Thank you for your time, Ivan.
    There will be a group of 5 of us on the ferry to kodiak on the 24th. We will be taking kayaks and primarily fishing offshore but plan to fish the road system as well. If you see us running around Kodiak or on the ferry, stop by and say hello!!! We don't have much experience on Kodiak either. We still plan on having a great time!!!

Hello, Thanks for that w'll look for you, we'll probably be the onyl french car on Kodiak anyway... Will be there from the 27th till the 8th Sept.

See you maybe.

I'll be here until the 12th of Sept, then I leave for my Kenai vacation. Silvers are starting in the Buskin and pinks shoud start to taper off soon. Dollies are crazy on the bead right now. Make sure you read the regs real well. Can't fish for salmon above the bridges on most of the rivers until Sept 16th.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

ivan1981, have flyfished Kodiak many seasons. The best source of flies I've found are at www.bristolbayflies.com They supply many of the lodges on Kodiak and elsewhere. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    There will be a group of 5 of us on the ferry to kodiak on the 24th. We will be taking kayaks and primarily fishing offshore but plan to fish the road system as well. If you see us running around Kodiak or on the ferry, stop by and say hello!!! We don't have much experience on Kodiak either. We still plan on having a great time!!!

Well thanks for thoses answers,

We are now in Kodiak and ready to fish!

If ever someone spot us (white Toyota LandCrusier and stikers at the back), stop by for a chat and a beer...

Thanks and see you around.